Dec 27 2012
By: natalieguadalupe First Son 1 posts

My son's forgotten password

3 replies 124 views Edited Dec 27, 2012
Hi, my son's friend created him an id and password for his Psvita without me knowing. He has since forgotten it and can't log on so can't download anything. I have now created a master account and a sub account for him and we need to reset his psvita. Please can you tell us how to do this. He is quite worried that his progress on his games will be lost and that games he previously downloaded will be lost. Is that true? Many thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Re: My son's forgotten password

Dec 27, 2012

If you'll be using a different account, all purchased games will be lost. You can transfer save data to a computer, use the new account and download/setup/install everything again, then copy the game saves back tot he vita, because when you switch accounts, the memory card will be wiped. Purchases are tied to a PSN ID, not person, so if it's a different ID even if it's the same person, the game will be lost.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13201 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

The only way to change the PSN account used by a Vita is to restore the Vita to factory-state using the "Restore the PS Vita System" command in the Format section of the Settings app.  This will erase everything on the console.  All game save data on the PS Vita is tied to the PSN account configured on the Vita.  The save data cannot be transferred to a Vita that uses a different PSN account, so your son will lose all of his save data if he changes the PSN account on the Vita.  There is no way around that.  If he purchased and downloaded games using the first PSN account, he will not be able to install or play any of those games if he changes the PSN account on the Vita.  The games can't be transferred to a different PSN account, and the Vita can only play downloaded games purchased by the PSN account that it is currently configured to use.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Just click the "forgotten password " on the sign in screen from a computer and they will send you a temporary password to log back into the account.

This only works if you know your email account and password.  But same thing could apply there as well ... there are always forgotten password thingys to click and reclaim things you think are lost.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes