Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2014
By: SleepingGriever First Son 1 posts

My PVita dropped into a tub of water! What do I do!?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 457 views Edited Dec 29, 2013

I got my PSVita fully submerged in water for a few second.  I tried to turn it on, but it won't.  Right now, it is buried in rice, but is there any other procedure I can take?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (457 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
830 posts

Re: My PVita dropped into a tub of water! What do I do!?

Dec 29, 2013

SleepingGriever wrote:

I got my PSVita fully submerged in water for a few second.  I tried to turn it on, but it won't.  Right now, it is buried in rice, but is there any other procedure I can take?

Dude.  Thats not good.  Rice is about all you can do, you could try opening it and setting it in rice, might be faster.   But the damage from the metals inside being exposed to water while elecricity was running through it is usually pretty bad.   I'd be very suprised if it worked enough that a game was playable after it dries out.  Id let it sit in rice for several days before trying to turn it on, turning it on while its still wet can blow components.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2086 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Ahh DO NOT try to power on the vita if its soaked!

Man I hope you got accidental warranty, sorreh.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Why do people always try and power on their electronics after giving them a bath. Seriously what the hell is wrong with people, try a little common sense. Don't they teach kids about electricity in school or do they think it's just magic.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2086 posts

Dec 30, 2013
A lot of people try to power them on/use blowdryer which is equally wrong, not everybody knows about technology. Just two years ago I realized there was a difference between screen types and pretty soon did I know about burns.

And not too long ago did I realize some people on pscommunity aren't very respectful :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (426 Views)
Sackboy
454 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2013

First best thing you could have done, if it was on including sleep mode, shut it off immediatly, but If the unit was off, keep it off.

Second, you do not need rice thus you are scratching your electronics.

Third, let it dry for 3 days straight in an open space; allowing water to evaporate. After that, test your unit if it can turn on.      

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2086 posts

Dec 30, 2013
Rice absorbs water, vita has very small if not any holes for rice to enter. Worth a try though.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Dec 30, 2013
Rice will not scratch your vita
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (400 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
830 posts

Dec 30, 2013

BD-R9 wrote:

First best thing you could have done, if it was on including sleep mode, shut it off immediatly, but If the unit was off, keep it off.

Second, you do not need rice thus you are scratching your electronics.

Third, let it dry for 3 days straight in an open space; allowing water to evaporate. After that, test your unit if it can turn on.      

Rice speeds up the process of drying out the console, just to be sure all the water is out of the console its recommended to use rice, and it shouldnt scratch the console at all.  Its a very popular and known way to dry out electronics efficiently since the rice is pre dried out it actually sucks moisture out of the air reducing humidity.  just fyi.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 2, 2014

and dont forget to open all the covers?  :smileyhappy:   and take out the memory card and the game card

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (345 Views)
0 Likes