Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2013
By: The_Swann First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

Multiple system downloads

5 replies 122 views Edited Dec 6, 2013

Hello!

My partner and I recently purchased a Vita together and before downloading some stuff I have onto the Vita I thought I had better confirm some things.

1) I bought Flower for the PS3 and have downloaded it onto one system. If I download it onto the Vita will I still be able to download it onto the PS4, or does the Vita count as the second system download?

2) I have downloaded Metal Gear Solid onto two PS3s already, prior to purchasing a Vita. Will I be able to download it onto the Vita as well, or is that not possible?

Thanks very much!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Re: Multiple system downloads

Dec 6, 2013

The games I have all have 2 uses on portable consoles, and then I dont know how many on regular consoles but they keep them seperate.  So for flower for example, it should actually register as a different game in your download list, which has 2 uses on portable consoles under that psn account, and then it should have a ps3 only download on the list that is the ps3 version which has multiple uses for consoles.  So you should be able to put them on.   For metal gear solid it states in the store "Purchase indicates acceptance of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service/User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not purchase this item. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account. "   so thats 2 portable license and 2 console license.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (116 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4528 posts

Dec 6, 2013

The_Swann wrote:

Hello!

My partner and I recently purchased a Vita together and before downloading some stuff I have onto the Vita I thought I had better confirm some things.

1) I bought Flower for the PS3 and have downloaded it onto one system. If I download it onto the Vita will I still be able to download it onto the PS4, or does the Vita count as the second system download?

2) I have downloaded Metal Gear Solid onto two PS3s already, prior to purchasing a Vita. Will I be able to download it onto the Vita as well, or is that not possible?

Thanks very much!

I think you're confused about how system activations work, otherwise I'm not sure what you mean by "the second system download."  And I don't blame you, it's worded awkwardly (copied below).  You can have 2 PS3 systems AND 2 portable systems active at the same time.  The PS4, as far as I know, does not count against your PS3 (home console) limit.  You can also deactivate consoles if you ever reach the limit and want it on a different one.  So you can have Flower on all three systems, and more than one of each.  

"

For purchased/downloaded content before November 17, 2011 the number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Five (5) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

As of November 18, 2011, number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Two (2) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

"

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13738 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

The_Swann wrote:

You will be able to download it to the Vita and the PS4, but not for the reason you think.  The PS3, PS4, and Vita versions of Flower are all different games.  Each one only runs on one type of console.  Flower is a Cross-Buy game.  You buy it on one Playstation console, and you get the downloadable versions for all of the other Playstation consoles also.  This is the only game currently, aside from Sound Shapes, that works this way for the PS4.  There are some other Cross-Buy games that allow you to buy the PS3 version of the game, and get the Vita version at no extra charge.  Those games don't have a PS4 version, so you can't download them to a PS4 (except to transfer it to a Vita). The PS3 version can be downloaded to any PS3 console that is activated under your PSN account (two at most).  The Vita version can be downloaded to any Vita console that is activated under your PSN account (another two at most).  

That game is not certified on the Vita, so you can't download it to the Vita.  If the game was certified on the Vita, then you would have been able to download it to two Vitas, in addition to the two PS3s.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 7, 2013
Thanks a lot, that was very helpful! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes