Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2013
By: chaos_789 Welcoming Committee 5904 posts

I can`t connect to the network

2 replies 101 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

Ok, so I just bought a Vita last week, I no longer use my router since I connect my PS3 direct connection. So I go to A & W to sync my trophies, and I get an error, so I decided to do an internet connection test, it says successfully obtained IP address and successfully connected to the internet, but it fails at connecting to the network (I checked under setting then, and tried signing in, but same thing happens.). I cannot figure out why, anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13914 posts

Re: I can`t connect to the network

Feb 15, 2013

Try a different place.  The A & W may use a web proxy server or firewall that restricts the protocols that devices can use.  You need to have several obscure IP ports open in order to use PSN.  Not all public networks allow the use of those ports.  

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5904 posts

Re: I can`t connect to the network

Feb 15, 2013
Ok, thanks for the info, there are a few other fast food places around here that offer free wi fi, I could try one of them. My father recently told me that he has a wireless modem that I could connect to, I am assuming a wireless modem should work the same way as a router, so I am hoping it works. If not I will just try another fast food place as you suggested.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes