25 replies 2175 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

anybody know?

Message 1 of 26 (2,175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Re: How to turn off auto standby

Jan 20, 2013
Auto standby is for your best interest and the Max you can set the standby time is 10 mins. If you fall asleep or need to do something and forget your Vita is on then it would just run out of power and there would be postings about people crying because they lost some unsaved data or where they left off. Some games such as Resistance burning skies and Call of Duty Declassified use alot of power while being played. Little big planet doesn't use alot of power, even online e uses very little power compared to the other 2 games. At least if the Vita goes on standby it pauses the game so you can pick up where you left off. That's My favorite feature about the system.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Message 2 of 26 (2,160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Except while the vita's plugged in or ON sony's friggin charging stand, it doesn't NEED a auto standby. The clock part of Wake Up App is absolutely USELESS, since the friggin screen goes blank in ten minutes. Until they add an off option in the settings for it,  using the vita and that app to replace my alarm clock is not gonna happen.

Oh and games...... I'm playing Assassin's Creed Liberation atm. The mini game in that where you send trade ships back and forth is really annoying to do since BECAUSE of this crap i cant' leave the vita alone. And the trade routes I'm using now takes a little over an hour. Thanks to the auto-standby.... instead of being able to "set it and forget it" , I have to sit here and micrmanage the dang game. I leave it on the stand and just run ships back and forth to make money, but I have to hit something on the vita every 9 minutes or w/e, otherwise it goes in standby and the game pauses (so the ships never reach port for however long i forget to look). 

It's simple, something like this needs an OFF option. I've NEVER seen anything with a auto standby that couldn't be turned off until now.  Laptops or whatever.......Ya there's some people that forget to plug it in or whatever, but you know what? If you're THAT kind of person just dont put it to OFF in the first place. I want an off option, and this is something the geniuses at Sony shold've thought of in the first place.

Message 3 of 26 (2,154 Views)
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I agree. Whenever I am simulating my off season on Madden, the stand by pauses it which is irritating because I expect it to be done when I come back from a party or something and its only half way through.
Message 4 of 26 (2,150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1545 posts

Jan 20, 2013

geniuses, without the auto standby, you all would be crying to Sony about your screens having burn-in asking for a replacement. i think they put that in on purpose without an off switch. read up on burn-in. i can see where some would like it off, but its more of a safety net for both you and Sony

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
Message 5 of 26 (2,135 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Sonin66 wrote:

geniuses, without the auto standby, you all would be crying to Sony about your screens having burn-in asking for a replacement. i think they put that in on purpose without an off switch. read up on burn-in. i can see where some would like it off, but its more of a safety net for both you and Sony

I've left things on for weeks at a time and never had anything burn in on my laptops or pc monitors. I seriously doubt the Vita's screen would get images burnt in BEFORE THE BATTERY DIED..... genius And if it's left plugged in.... well burnt in images only occur when an image stays still (see below, that one time it happened to me was the mini map on a online MMO I left on for a long time, the border around the map was burnt in). If it's left plugged in for say... the wake up club app.... even the digital clock's numbers change so it wouldn't happen. Oh and images getting burnt into a screen easily happens with LCD screens. Not something like the Vita which is OLED.

Edit: I take that back it did happen ONCE, a decade or more ago...... on a REALLY cheap **bleep** monitor. Still...... i direct your attention to the underlined part.

Message 6 of 26 (2,129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12329 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Actually, screen burn in is easier on OLED than any other type of screen. Go look it up. Because the components are organic, they degrade faster

And people were speaking of leaving it at the lock screen while in a charging dock so the battery wouldn't die

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 26 (2,119 Views)
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Meh, I wouldn't complain, I'd just by a new one. Sorry but OLED is overrated. Sony can put a high quality screen in their new Xperia phones with the Mobile Bravia 2 engine, but they put this mediocre screen on a handheld device that has the ability to play graphical powerhouse games? They better be glad Apple does not make a dedicated handheld system; I dislike Apple, but they would eat Sony up in terms of hardware.
Message 8 of 26 (2,111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1545 posts

Jan 20, 2013

please glaciusx25 break it down for this simpleton! someone needs to read before he makes a fool of himself. the only other screen type that i remember of getting burn in was the old tube monitors and the really big tv's(flat screen with big back) that were made with tubes

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
Message 9 of 26 (2,105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Sonin66 wrote:

please glaciusx25 break it down for this simpleton! someone needs to read before he makes a fool of himself. the only other screen type that i remember of getting burn in was the old tube monitors and the really big tv's(flat screen with big back) that were made with tubes

that's funny, since the screen i had a problem with (and a couple of my friends as well) was one of the first flat screens (LCD) b4 they went wide (it was still square like a CRT). By the way thanks for calling me a simpleton, that was nice.

Message 10 of 26 (2,095 Views)
0 Likes