Do you mean 
Apr 13 2013
By: Squirrel-J69 First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

Home Buutton and Power Button dysfunctional

[ Edited ]
9 replies 554 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

Okay to get straight to the point, 

My home screen button and power button have not been working for ~3 months now. They are not jammed, the PS vita is not frozen. They are straight up not operating. I can't even get the screen to get to sleep mode.

IF anybody knows a solution to this please tell me. 

*BONUS QUESTION*

I do not have the original receipt but I am within the 1 year factory warranty I believe(I bought the PSVita last June 2012). Will Sony still exchange this vita for a working one?

If, so, does anyone know the Canadian email address to contact support because I cannot find it.

Much appreciated. 

edit: 

And no, I can't get to hard reset or safe mode. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to do so. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Home Buutton and Power Button dysfunctional

Apr 13, 2013

Well you could always look up the canadian support number, which is probably listed under the support > contact support

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 13, 2013

anybody got any other ideas?

contacting sony for a console exchange was my last resort but I guess that's what I have to do 

i only hope i can still use my warranty without the original receipt

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (535 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11019 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Getting it serviced sounds like your only real option. Give them a call:

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

That is the same phone number I have used to receive servicing (I'm Canadian too). As for your receipt, those waters are a bit murkier. While they say they require it, I've also heard stories on the forums here of people not having them, and still receiving servicing. 

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Have you tried holding the power button down and doing a system reset? I had  a problem where the power down option screen froze and the home button stuck.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

I have chatted directly to one of the customer service rep's. she would not allow any other source of validation other than the original receipt. I have contacted my retail store for a copy of the receipt and that was not an option.

The cost for the repair service is $129 dollars. Not worth it IMO. That is 50% the price of a brand new PS Vita bundle. I am probably going to buy a new bundle in the future-- hopefully by then; a stronger model will be available.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

I have tried everything with the power button, the home button, etc.

The buttons are completely dead. As, I said, I can't even turn the PS Vita off, , or use the homescreen dashboard thing.

I am quite disassitisfied with the build of the PS Vita. As it is VERY fragile from my experience, and I didn't even drop it, not once. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (515 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13914 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Your experience is not typical.  The Vita in general has proved to be at least as durable as the PSP was, and there have been no reports that I can recall of multiple buttons failing in the absence of any damage. Do you live alone?  If not, perhaps someone else dropped it, and did not tell you.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

I live with my family. But no one ever enters my room.

I am pretty sure it's not damaged due to being dropped. It was sitting on my computer desk for at least 3 months before I touched it again.

The last game I played was persona 4 back in november. Did not touch it at all, afterwards. I just recently turned it on last week and these buttons are suddenly not working.

I have been doing a lot of research and it DOES seem like a LOT of people are having all sorts of problems with their vita. So I don't know what you mean by "proved to be at least as durable as the PSP was."

I dropped my PSP thousands of times, hacked it, people kicked it around accidently, burnt out battery charges, etc. And the hardware has never had any problems.

edit:

but then again, out of the many problems that people have been having with their vita. I have not ran into anyone who had a problem like mine. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 13, 2013
There is another post that I bumped describing the same issue you had with the vita.... Did you ever resolve the issue? I'm in the same boat with mine right now. Any help as to what the outcome was would be great
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (457 Views)
0 Likes