Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 14 2013
By: HWGuy14 Fender Bender 3334 posts

Good time to buy a vita now or no?

3 replies 209 views Edited Sep 14, 2013
I'm looking at a used vita for sale on ebay for 145$. Is it a good time to buy a vita now? If so, why?
If not, why?

Thanks a lot.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
828 posts

Re: Good time to buy a vita now or no?

Sep 14, 2013

Get a new one.  u can get one with the year of PS plus for 199 dollars new.  So it ends up being close to the same price and then you have your reciept and a manufacturers warranty incase it doesnt work right.  It has some known issues with battery defects, and the screens are OLED and dont always display the same so its possible the screen can be defective.  Its worth it to buy new just so you can be sure you have a working product that hasnt been dropped.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

I agree.  While some people do sell perfectly good Vitas because they are not interested in any of the games that are currently available for it, and want to spend the money on something else; people also sell Vitas that have been accidentally damaged, or failed out of warranty.  You are taking a substantial risk to save only $55, minus shipping.  If something is wrong with the console, you will get no warranty no matter when the Vita was originally sold.  You would have to pay to get the problem fixed, and that would certainly more than offset what you saved buying used.  I would advise coming up with an extra $45 (plus sales tax, if you have any where you live), and buying a new one, even if you have to wait a bit. 

As for whether is is a good time; well, the price isn't going down again anytime soon.  If there are games on the Vita that you want to play, then now is as good a time as there ever was.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Sep 17, 2013
Good time to get a VITA but don't get it used
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (163 Views)
0 Likes