Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 02/13/2003
Offline
59 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

I can connect using wifi, but not on 3g.  Lately, even before the update, it would bounce between 3g and h.  Sometimes it would connect, sometimes not.  Very irritating.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 100 (4,735 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/20/2012
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

It's not like we really had a choice in the matter. When an update for the firmware comes along, you have to get it, or else you can't do anything involving the PSN. 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 100 (4,732 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/12/2009
Offline
2428 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

having the same issue...pissing me off.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 100 (4,728 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

How To Fix the Error.

  I just got my Ps Vita on the day it updated. At first i was having trouble in connecting the PlayStation Network but the PS Vita broswer worked fine. I figured that the Ps Vita knows that it has Internet connection but just can't establish a connection to the PSN. So this is what i did.

 

PS Vita XMB >Settings > Network > Internet Connection Test >

Wait the test to completely FINISH. If you are having problems with connection to the PSN you will notice that it is taking a little time to connect to the "PlayStation Network Sign-In". Once you get a "Successful" (I hope you do) the Ps Vita should be working properly again. 

 

I forgot to mention and just added this right now through editing reply. Once you get a successful connection, try to do the Connection Test again and this time it should be a quick successful test. (i Hope for you guys lol)

 

I've been doing that fix for a lot of Ps Vitas and so far out of 10, 8 were fixed and the other 2 were fixed by the solutions below. 

 

The other solution I found was just to turn off the PS Vita and then turn it back on. Another solution I found was to disconnect the Wireless and then Reconnect it to the PS Vita. And another solution I found was to delete the wireless connection setting you have for your Ps Vita and then re establish the connection (Put the password for your router)

 

I hope it works for you guys

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 100 (4,718 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/20/2007
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

Thanks... Sony... Basically you bricked all the networking functasdfions of my Vita and now I can't do anything like let's say... 

 

SPEND MONEY ON THE PS STORE? Oh I guess Sony doesn't want me to spend money on their store buying the games available anymore or even let me use my browser on the device or even use the Youtube app to watch Youtube? All things that were working BEFORE this FW update?

 

Thanks, Sony. Your failure of software support for your devices is just delaying

 

This is ridiculous and shouldn't be happening at the end of 2012. PSN department and SEN department needs to get their stuff together.

 

Signing off,

Angry customer

 

P.S. I'm really, really **bleep** off at you Sony. Diehard PS fan here saying I'm really, really **bleep** off at you. **bleep**. Off.

 

Dammit Sony....

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 100 (4,699 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/09/2007
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

Thank U SIR! Sony hows about firing some staff members and hire your clients.

 

What you suggested worked to a certain degree i had to do a minor extra step for me to be back online o my Vita

 

Just deleting the the wireless and reconnecting  and re-input password did not work

 

The solution that worked for me:

 

1. Delete the wireless connection

2. shutdown and unplug my wireless modem and router for a few mins

3. Shutdown the vita

4. replug and restart my my modem and router

5. Once internet back online (restart Vita)

6. reconnect to the your wireless (re-enter password)

7. go to Internet connection Test (Hopefully now you should connect without any issues), I internet connection tested twice just for good measure

 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 100 (4,698 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

BigSerge wrote:

Thank U SIR! Sony hows about firing some staff members and hire your clients.

 

What you suggested worked to a certain degree i had to do a minor extra step for me to be back online o my Vita

 

Just deleting the the wireless and reconnecting  and re-input password did not work

 

The solution that worked for me:

 

1. Delete the wireless connection

2. shutdown and unplug my wireless modem and router for a few mins

3. Shutdown the vita

4. replug and restart my my modem and router

5. Once internet back online (restart Vita)

6. reconnect to the your wireless (re-enter password)

7. go to Internet connection Test (Hopefully now you should connect without any issues), I internet connection tested twice just for good measure

 


Well this the first time I heard of the Modem or Router getting involved with the PS Vita issue. But if it worked for you Good! I just fixed my 13th Vita today so i know how it feels to not be able to go on the PSN. But judging from the things you wrote i believe if you just deleted the Wireless Connection and then shut down the Vita, Restart it, establish connection, then do the Test to make sure you get PSN connection and wala. All the Vitas i fixed were at public places to friends houses.

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 100 (4,689 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

Londonstani wrote:

Thanks... Sony... Basically you bricked all the networking functasdfions of my Vita and now I can't do anything like let's say... 

 

SPEND MONEY ON THE PS STORE? Oh I guess Sony doesn't want me to spend money on their store buying the games available anymore or even let me use my browser on the device or even use the Youtube app to watch Youtube? All things that were working BEFORE this FW update?

 

Thanks, Sony. Your failure of software support for your devices is just delaying

 

This is ridiculous and shouldn't be happening at the end of 2012. PSN department and SEN department needs to get their stuff together.

 

Signing off,

Angry customer

 

P.S. I'm really, really **bleep** off at you Sony. Diehard PS fan here saying I'm really, really **bleep** off at you. **bleep**. Off.

 

Dammit Sony....


Lol you need to chill dude. Not everything in the world goes perfectly plan. Do you know what the 2.00 update does to the Vita? The new update optimizes its overall memory allocation meaning that it ultimately uses less memory to run the Internet broswer application. Before you could not run the broswer with the Vita game running just like how you can't run the Internet Broswer on the Ps3 or Xbox while in the middle of the game. Now you can switch back and forth betwen game play to check trophy guides, cheats, articles, whatever that you do online.  

 

Sony is slowly perfecting the PS Vita but it doesn't mean you should curse out the people who worked really hard in developing this update. 

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 100 (4,686 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same problems. Haven't been able to connect to PSN since updating last night. I'm in Canada, so it seems to be a problem worldwide. Gonna try downloading the free Plus games to my PS3 and transferring to the Vita to see if that works while I'm waiting for this to be fixed, but I find the transfer is slower than downloading on the Vita directly, so it's pretty inconvenient. Not to mention not being able to sync my trophies. 

 

Also, previous post mentioned the Internet Connection Test - had already tried that and didn't work for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 100 (4,684 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: Error NW-5603-4 (PSN error) after update to 2.0

Nov 21, 2012

Eccentrick wrote:

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same problems. Haven't been able to connect to PSN since updating last night. I'm in Canada, so it seems to be a problem worldwide. Gonna try downloading the free Plus games to my PS3 and transferring to the Vita to see if that works while I'm waiting for this to be fixed, but I find the transfer is slower than downloading on the Vita directly, so it's pretty inconvenient. Not to mention not being able to sync my trophies. 

 

Also, previous post mentioned the Internet Connection Test - had already tried that and didn't work for me.


Please explain in details on what you exactly tried so i can help you.

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 100 (4,682 Views)
Reply
0 Likes