Jan 10 2013
By: J-Canada First Son 3 posts

Email Error C2-14403-2

4 replies 848 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

Hey there, I've been having an error with my Vita system the last couple days. When I try to have my Vita system check my email, it says 'could not refresh' and obviously doesn't find any new email. I know this is not a network issue, because I am able to use the web browser, facebook, twitter, browse/download from the store, watch youtube etc. It just won't find new emails. Also when I'm in the email screen, and try to compose a message, I get error C2-14403-2.

The worst part here is that once I load the email program, regardless of if I close it or leave it running, if I stop using the system and it goes to sleep, I am unable to wake it up. The power button or the PS button will not restore the start screen and the only way to restore functionality is to do a hard reset of the system (hold power button for 10+ seconds).

Anyone have any idea what is causing this, or how to fix it?

Message 1 of 5 (848 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Email Error C2-14403-2

Jan 29, 2013
Anyone have any ideas? It's been quite a while, I haven't heard from tech support and the error still persists.
Message 2 of 5 (808 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Same has been happening to me!

Lately I don't know what the deal is. If it goes to sleep by itself and email says could not refresh. I can't wake it up unless I hold the power button down which im sure isnt good for the system, also Skype wont work but I don't know if that is related

I hope we  get a reply soon!

Message 3 of 5 (781 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I did find a way to get my email working again. If you go into your email app, click on the three dots in the bottom right, and click on settings. At the bottom of the settings there is 'Format Email Application Database'. After reformatting, power down, and restart, then go into the email app as normal. You'll have to set it up again, but hopefully it will connect again.

No idea what causes this, but hopefully this will work to help fix it for others.

Message 4 of 5 (772 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Thank you for that! 

It seems to work, also seemed to have something to do with the  memory card, cause luckily I had two to experiment with and ran the email on the other one and it worked fine. 

Really wierd..

Anyways thanks for the help, hope if it ever happens again people can come and learn from it 

Peace!

Message 5 of 5 (770 Views)
0 Likes