Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 04 2012
By: ryannfrad Splicer 49 posts
Accepted Solution

Ebay / Paypal problems (Vita Browser)

[ Edited ]
3 replies 135 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

Since the update I havent been able to use the paypal checkout process on any webpage including ebay. This isnt logging i from the paypal site, but checkout from another site and using paypal to pay. All that happens is I enter my user / pass and it doesnt go forward it just reloads that same page with the log in info.

I've clead cookies and retried, rebooted, no luck.

Anyone else having this problem.

Edited title for clarity.

-Posted Using My PS Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13938 posts

Re: Ebay / Paypal problems (Vita Browser)

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

The 1.8 update changed the JavaScript engine for the Vita web browser.  Some things work better, and some things don't.  In the process, the browser became incompatible with Paypal checkout.  I doubt that Paypal will bother to recode their web site to work with the Vita browser.  Very few people rely entirely on the Vita browser for online shopping.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 5, 2012

This is extremely distressing for several reasons. First the fact that the browser is so incompatable with so many sites sucks, also, even sites that have html5 video and not flash still do not function. I know people don't rely on the Browsers for shopping but functionality like this is an iimportant part of satisfaction with a product.

Fail

-Posted Using My PS Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13938 posts

Sep 5, 2012

I'm not sure what Sony intended the PS Vita browser to be used for, but watching video is clearly not one of those things.  The Vita never had any Flash plug-in, or HTML 5 video support, of any kind.  That was announced before the Vita was even available.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes