Feb 13 2013
By: Discoalucard First Son 2 posts

Deleting games from memory card not freeing up space?

2 replies 212 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

So I've been grabbing a bunch of stuff off PSN and needed to make room by deleting some stuff from the memory card. So I backed up stuff on my PC with Content Manager, deleting the applications and...it didn't actually free up any space. At all. Despite removing 1.5 GB of PSP games, it still says I only have 400 MB of space. I can't even redownload or put back on the games I just backed up because it insists I don't have the space, which isn't true.

What happened? How can I free up this space? (Without formatting the whole card, preferably.)

Message 1 of 3 (212 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19926 posts

Re: Deleting games from memory card not freeing up space?

Feb 13, 2013

That should not be happening.  When you delete a game icon from the Home screen, the game an its data are deleted also, and the space should be reflected in the Settings app. Of course, you have to exit out of the System Information screen in order for it to update the free space.  If you just switch to the home screen, delete games, and then switch back to the System Information screen in the settings app; it won't update while the screen is displayed.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Deleting games from memory card not freeing up space?

May 13, 2013

hey my grand turismo stuff got deleted i had a bugatti veyronand now its GONE is there any way i can get my cars back i know i havent play that game in a couple months but i just recently got back on and when i got on all my cars levels are GONE i really want my car back so i can get all the sweet cars in there but its gonna take me another month to get that car back i spent soo much time trying to get that car ( i bought it off the online dealership) and it was on my own account so if you can help me please tell me i put a lot of time trying to save up for that car

Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes