Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2013
By: Voradors Lombax Warrior 201 posts

Deleting a game but keeping Save data

6 replies 9488 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

Is there a way to delete a game from your vita, but keep its saved data?

My issue is that i only have an 8 Gig memory card, and it fills pretty quickly.  I would like to delete my digital Wipeout game and download Uncharted, however i would like to retain my campaign status in Wipeout and when i eventually delete Uncharted i would like to retain my campaign status there too.

Is there a way to do this?   

I am not seeing a way, and the "Are you sure you want to delete all application data?" worries me.   Seems like an extremely poor design if there is no way to swap games and keep your progress.....

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (9,488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4543 posts

Re: Deleting a game but keeping Save data

Feb 6, 2013

I think youhave to back it up, whether to PC/PS3 or the cloud, with PS+.  To copy to PC/PS3 copies the whole game and saves.  The cloud storage from PS+ copies just the save file; as far as I know, it's the only way to do this.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (9,482 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I dont see an option for this on the PS Vita itself.  Do i need to connect it to a PS3 to take advantage of the PS+ cloud storage?

Is it actually confirmed that i CAN do this when connecting it to the PS3?  (i havent tried this)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (9,480 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4543 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Voradors wrote:

I dont see an option for this on the PS Vita itself.  Do i need to connect it to a PS3 to take advantage of the PS+ cloud storage?

Is it actually confirmed that i CAN do this when connecting it to the PS3?  (i havent tried this)

You don't need a PS3 to do it.  In content manager, choose to connect to the cloud.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (9,469 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Ah, alright.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (9,467 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

Feb 6, 2013

You can copy the entire game, along with its save data, to either a PS3 or a Windows or MacOS PC using the Content Manager. Once you have copied the game, then you can delete it from your Vita.  When you want to play it again, just use the Content Manager to copy it back. If you have a subscription to Playstation Plus, then you can also copy just the save data to Playstation Plus online storage.  Then you can delete the game from the Vita.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (9,464 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I ran into wondering this yesterday. I realized that 4GB stick that came w/ the bundle was full even though I dont have much on there. So much for downloading Sly... I'm actually pretty irritated they neglected a simple feature such as game saves. I like to backup my saves but instead had to backup the whole nine onto my PS3. It baffles me that they'd overlook, opt not to, whatever the case may be to not have a folder/place where game saves are stored, able to be viewed and backed up....
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (9,452 Views)
0 Likes