Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: lightningdaemon First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Cross platform gaming

2 replies 140 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

OK,

I don't really understand how this works.

My main question is:

If I buy, say, Marvel vs: Capcom 3 for PS Vita, can I then pick up and continue playing on my PS3?  Or will I have to buy 2 copies of the game?  Or Vice Versa, what if I bought Street Fighter IV for PS3, can I play that on my Vita when I'm at my friends house?

Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Re: Cross platform gaming

Dec 5, 2012

No.  The feature that you are referring to is called Cross-Save.  MLB 12 The Show has this feature.  A few other PS3 games do also, but not those.  Even when Cross-save is Supported, you always need two separate games to use it.  The PS3 game, and the Vita game, are different products.  They must be downloaded and installed from the Playstation Store separately.  In most cases, you will have to purchase them separately also.  In some cases, you may get the Vita game for free when you buy the PS3 game (which is called Cross-Buy). Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a Cross-Play game, which means that people playing the game on the Vita can play against people playing the PS3 version of the game; and vice-versa.  That is all. Street Fighter X Tekken is a Cross-Play game also.  In both cases, you must buy two copies of the game to use Cross-Play.  Cross-save isn't available. Street Fighter IV is not a Cross-Play game.  Street Fighter IV isn't even available in a Vita version, so you can't play it on the Vita at all.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Cross platform gaming

Dec 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to clarify that.

I cannot tell you how many stores I've been in and the customer service rep was like "oh yeah, you can just buy that and be able to play it on the other".

I knew that was too good to be true.

I gave you kudos.

Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)
0 Likes