Highlighted
Mar 06 2013
By: daaznwarrior First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

About PS Vita Save Data

3 replies 210 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Hi,

Recently I backed up my PS Vita to my PC using the Content Manager Assistant (which was installed in the process). Does that mean all the system files of the Vita is backed up? The whole thing took only a few seconds. My main concern is if the saved game file from my memory card is also backed up or not. I found two files with .psvimg and .psvmd extensions, in a save folder and am wondering if that is the save file of my Vita game (Persona 4 Golden, to be specific) or if it is the entire system backup as a whole. I appreciate any help and tips in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: About PS Vita Save Data

Mar 6, 2013

I believe that it backs up your system files if you just hit Backup. To back up games and saves go to Ps Vita System to PC; in the Applications section go to PS Vita, it will show a list of all your games then send over the files to your PC, same goes for PSP and PS1 files. This will not only backup digitally downloaded games but save files as well.

Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I found the option where you save the PS Vita game data as a whole app but it also contains the save data on my PC. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 6, 2013

No problem. Cheers.

Message 4 of 4 (197 Views)
0 Likes