Dec 19 2016
By: picket647 First Son 3 posts

CONNECTIONGATE Playstation VR Audio and Video Loss

[ Edited ]
67 replies 2122 views Edited Dec 19, 2016

I returned the PSVR after a lot of frustration because the headset would go black intermittently in the middle of a game. I assumed that it was cycling a screen adjustment but that shouldn't be the case in the middle of a game (Driveclub VR). When it began to last an extended period of time (I was sitting in darkness) I knew it was more than any adjusting.
Also the sound would cut out randomly. I was able to temporarily fix all of these problems by restarting the PS4 PRO and PSVR only to have it reoccur later. This is a serious issue, more so since we are talking about immersion with VR, it kills it.

I'm glad I got a full refund. I won't even think about buying a PSVR again until I hear from SONY that this issue is resolved.

What we need to do is force Sony's hand. I browsed the internet reading about similar connection complaints and there isn't a coherent satisfactory response from Sony. The best thing to have is a catch phrase, or word that people can use when talking about this Sony VR problem.

When Apple had antenna issues it was called Antennagate. Since this has to do with video and audio connection issues call it Connectiongate. It doesn't matter what you call it as long as you call it something people can remember so they are able to converse enough about it to where Sony is forced to respond or face bad press.

Connectiongate sucks and Sony needs to address it. I have never had any issues of this sort with the Oculus Rift. This is a Sony VR specific problem.

I love Sony products and want to continue buying them but when there is an issue that needs to be addressed, I don't care who they are. If they are going to charge a large amount of money for a quality product, they need to deliver exactly that.

Comment if you are having similar issues.

Message 7 of 68 (2,122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Connectiongate-Vr and Pro picture and sound signal loss-Case #: 15667228

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2017

If you are Experiencing this problem use this case number :Case #: 15667228 when you speak with Sony

i know this is being talked about  all over social media and some people have brought this up in the forums but sony you do have aproblem here that needs to be rectified.  

everything is working properly between the pro and the tv for me anyways . but the moment i turn on my vr head set ( only In Pro)  i start experiencing picture and sound loss signals to all devices. its intermittent during vr game play.  the loss occurs on in the headet as well as the tv. i have done everything that your forums and other players have suggested but it still occurs. no error messages are ever recorded or brought up to the main screen when picture and audio returns. We have all spent a butt load of money and have a expectaion especially with the sony brand that its products are up to a very high standard.  

I own :

-PSVR

-PS4 Pro

-Ps4 2nd Gen

never had any issue on my 2nd gen ps4 and Psvr and still don't, 

FYI If you say change your outputs or settings on ps4 pro I have already done all of this - this doesnt fix the problem, nor is it my tv This is some sort of Problem within your hardware/firmware. 

What doesn't Work-

-Changing HDMI Cables

-Changing 2.0 to 1.4 

-Changing Audio Outputs  Pcm DTS ETC.

-Disableing HDR

-Video config

-New Unit Exchange

-Restarting/ Rebooting

-Turning off and on again

-Rebuilding Data Base

-New system Configuration

-Re-installing OS (Fresh install)

-Pretty Much Anything in Safe mode Options Menu

The problem still occurs  None of these fixes work and the reason behind it is not becasue of your Personal Set up but beasue there is an issue with the ps4 pro transmitter and the breakout box receiver. there is nothing you can really do about it Sony needs to get down from their high horse and make this right. it has been over a month with no resolve. This topic was brought up on release of the ps4 pro and the new patch was release for standard Ps4 console. Now Thankfully I have not encountered problem like this with my standard ps4 and still dont but my pro is a different entity. 

Exact Same setup for both systems . except the pro Has the Connectiongate Problem. thank you Sony for this head ache.

Symtoms of the Connectiongate:

-Speradic Video and Audio Loss in the form of a black out  could range from 2-30 Seconds

-Audio Skips on Boot-up

-Blackout on TV and In VR Headset

-Video display black out - then returns in vr Headset but Tv Displays nothing

Rebooting system will bring everything  back yes but this will occur again.

When does this problem Occur for you?

-On Startup of the PSVR headset and breakout box is turned on.

-Some Users have complained that this happens without the breakout box even on

-When Playing in VR- Not isolated in any game our during anytime - most it has happened is 30 times in a 1 hour sitting.

-When on the Main Screen with no movement or action with controller

-When Watching a movie 

-when Playing a standard Game through the Vr Headset in Cinematic Mode

Sony's Response:

Are you using the playstation provided hdmi cables?."yes"

Do you have the cables in the wrong spot.? :"No, I am not an idiot"

Are the Cables plugged in correctly? "yes" .....

Can you restart your console Hold down the Power button till it beeps once and please rebuild your database "already done that 3 times already "

Make sure your are in HDMi 1.4. Does this Issues Still Happen ? "yeah its on this setting"

Have you tried Different Cables?. "Yes, and i even tried a splitter"  

How is your System Configured? "PS4 pro- breakoutbox  directly to Tv then optical out to receiver"...

Does this Fix the Problem?...."NO"....

Well this is the first time we have heard of this, I will talk to my support managers and look into this . Sorry this is something i can't resolve have a great day!

Based on The Feeds this was intially brought up in, On Facebook On Day one! Feeling like iwas the only one  that was experiencing this , and figured maybe my settings were wrong. I soon Realized that I was not alone. I have been trying to keep updates rolling in since november  as they come to me, As this problem Progresses its just a matter of getting the word out there so that somthing can be done about this .

MOD EDIT: Merged with existing thread. -minako85v
Message 1 of 68 (2,847 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Vr and Pro picture and sound signal loss

Dec 18, 2016

I have ps4 1st GEN and i loss image / sound sometimes.

Message 2 of 68 (2,833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2016

I own a PS4 and  PS4 PRO ..  ive had flicker and black screen <only seconds>  as other people have mentioned..a shed load of money has been spent.

Message 3 of 68 (2,743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2016
This happens with my normal PS4 also
Message 4 of 68 (2,719 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2016
I have PS4 PRO and PSVR I have some flikers, sound loss it happens sometimes... Smiley Sad why??
Message 5 of 68 (2,657 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Dec 19, 2016
Thanks to some social media and some very frustrated individuals like myself, we have a name for this issue. "Connectiongate." Thank you John Tangent
Message 6 of 68 (2,508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 19, 2016
Message 8 of 68 (2,492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: CONNECTIONGATE Playstation VR Audio and Video Loss

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2016
Message 9 of 68 (2,100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2016
Iv got a ps4 slim had the blank screen issue mid game only happened 2-3 times I take the head set off and on my TV a red line appears across the top like someone's waving a lazer pen at it. Anyone else had that?
Message 10 of 68 (2,417 Views)
0 Likes