First Son
17 posts

Re: What happened to the GAP?

Jul 4, 2011

If you have a point-of-contact for the GAP admins, please respectfully suggest they ask Sony to import the GAP message base into threads in the existing forum infrastructure. They maintain an MVP section, so it's certainly technically feasible.

GAP PSUFTBT
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 4, 2011

pa28pilot wrote:

If you have a point-of-contact for the GAP admins, please respectfully suggest they ask Sony to import the GAP message base into threads in the existing forum infrastructure. They maintain an MVP section, so it's certainly technically feasible.

PSUFTBT

That won't happen! The GAP site ran on a weblog system (different software), while the forums run on forum software. In short, it would be a mess to do. Most of the content won't transfer over properly. It's not like the MVP section, where the boards ran on the same software as the former forums did.  

Not to mention, most of the content on the site were personal blogs. I don't think a lot of members would be happy to see those plublished here. I know that I wouldn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2011

Bye bye GAP. It's been a long while since I've been on the site...still sad to see it gone. At least I still have the card, the shiny envelope, and the other stuff that came in it. It was a good place to make friends and talk about stuff and junk, I guess I can do that here but it won't be the same ;-;  Looking for more friends btw. Anyone want in, just send me a message and I'll add you whenever

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jul 8, 2011

I can appreciate that. I've dumped and imported enough large systems in my time to know it's not rocket science or kernel hacking.

Your point about privacy is well taken. I was thinking they should do it with access controls. People who aren't MVPs don't seem to have post permissions on some of the MVP boards, so there seems to be some access control list system already in place.

GAP PSUFTBT
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17335 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I pretty much figured they were gonna phase it out a few years back when Sony dissolved the PSU and replaced it with the "PSN" officially. I noticed they stopped updating the GAP site, so I figured it was dying or already dead. Oh well, PSU still lives on to me, I don't care what their official stance on it is.

And Blaze, I remember playing KZ1 with you back in the day. The GAP rooms lol, and the Snipe the Dev Team events.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1882 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Just to say I already got the news from the admin is not good enough for me. Anyone can say that!!! I feel that if enough pressure or shall I say concern is showed we might have a chance to at least get a official statement.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (449 Views)
0 Likes