Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: Give us the Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) back!

Sep 18, 2011

Rowen wrote:

So sad to see the GAP community shut down. I still have a GAP T Shirt that was sent to me.

Wait, you got a shirt??  Where was my shirt?  All I have to show is the Card and Certificate, lol.  On topic though, bring back GAP!!

Message 21 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Sep 28, 2011

I want it back too.  I have tons of T-Shirts and stuff not to mention all of the beta access.  I never did  get the chance to work for them though.

Message 22 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 30, 2011

Still miss it. =/

I actually used my GAP stuff like the binder, etc for classes all those years ago. Drove my old teacher crazy since I actually went out and bought college ruled paper small enough to fit.

As for the cards, my crash bandicoot card and the blue silver card are somewhere in my socks. Seriously, having that card fall out of your wallet was silly back in the day.

Message 23 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 4, 2011

I did some searching and then ended up responding to another post about this same topic not more than an hour ago. You can find my post here.

Message 24 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Oct 24, 2011

PlumeNoir wrote:

Hmmm, I was in the first wave of GAP when it first came out, but due to problems on Sony's end (I had to call in over the phone to activate my membership and they spelled my email wrong), I ended up "falling out." But then, about a year or two later, I was re-invited and was able to sign up.

To be honest, it was okay, but nothing great. Heck, I received more demos from the Playstation Underground days than from GAP.

At least I got a cool hat.

A similar thing happened to me back in 2002 though it was problems with their web site at the time and I ended up giving up after several tries and my moronic dad trhow the letter away, and unfortunately, I didn't get re-invited back.

~nickjuly4~

Get your Portable ID!
Message 25 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Female_Warrior_by_tekkoontan.jpgI agree with you Ozma9999. I wish they would bring back the GAP too. I have been there about 5 years. I miss alot of the things you have mentioned and think that Sony will miss out on all that we brought to them too. And like you Ozma9999 I have been gaming about 30 years also. My 1st gaming system was the Atari 2600 & THAT'S when I fell in love with gaming! I went through different systems after that until I got my 1st Playstation in 98 & was hooked on them ever since. I became a member of the Playstation Underground in 2001 & I too remember the PS mag ( still get it!) with the PS1 demos in it every month.   There was one thing I didn't like however about the GAP that one person mentioned in here & that is that some people (maybe not you Ozma9999) didn't take too well to "newbies" & I really wanted to fit in. At first they made me feel at home by writing about 100+ replies to my "Hi, I'm a Newbie" introduction thread but later I found out they were just "talking to "eachother" and not me. Anyway, so there were "Groups" that thought they were better then others in the Gap & if you wanted to fit in - they did everything they could to let you know you were "unworthy" even trolling (like that one guy said) in your personal blog to make you feel bad. I DON'T miss that. Infact I left for awhile because of that but then I thought WHY should I let them ruin the GAP for me?? So I came back and NOW it's gone....   I hope it comes back soon because it was a really good place for us "Gamers" to meet and share. And there WERE some "nice" people there too.

Message 26 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
WWX
Uncharted Territory
1915 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Just signed on today to see if GAP was still around. Sad to see it isn't. I still have my stuff in mint condition hidden away in my filing cabinet. I got the Binder.

Message 27 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I missed GAP, was a member on my other account.

Photobucket
Playstation Rewards Tester / G.A.P. Member / 3G PS Vita Owner / PS3 Slim Owner
Message 28 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Feb 12, 2012

I think PS+ is slowly becoming into *some what* GAP.

Message 29 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Feb 19, 2012

I miss you G.A.P <3

Still have my original card and shirt, + the newer rewards beta shirt.

Message 30 of 33 (284 Views)
0 Likes