Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2011
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 11124 posts

The shalls and shan'ts of trophy leveling.

6 replies 81 views Edited Nov 22, 2011

Was there ever a time when you're certain a trophy should have unlocked but didn't? What about when the time came that you messed up and the trophy popped up anyway? Trophies deserved and neglected and those that came by mistake: what do you think of these instances?

Are you grateful when a trophy has accidentally heightened your percentile earnings? Is there blood to pay when the game won't dish out that trophy you spent six hours on didn't process? Which games might have this have happened, and what thoughts do you have toward these occurrences either way?

Message 1 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17371 posts

Re: The shalls and shan'ts of trophy leveling.

Nov 22, 2011

I'm not really a "trophy hunter" but I have the GOW collection and I didn't get 2 trophies I earned on it and it is a little disturbing. It's not worth the trouble going back for them but it still kinda ticks me off. Good thread. I get to vent a little.

Message 2 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Nov 22, 2011

I have OCD and get extremely stressed when I haven't finished something. In fact, as soon as I start a new game, I'm already on edge that I don't have the platinum. So when I CAN'T get a trophy I deserve, I usually delete all of my game saves and never speak of it again.

Message 3 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Mercenaries 2. Ohhhh how that games trophies frustrated me.

Fun game and all but many of the trophies were glitched. One for example required that you play online - actually the game was so bug ridden that just getting online should've been a Gold trophy - ahem... anyway, you'd need to play online and call in one of every airstrike. Sounds easy enough don'it? Not so much.

I called in strike after strike and no trophy. After more attempts than I'll ever admit to I was ready to call it quits when the trophy popped in a random online game where I wasn't even calling in airstrikes. Weird.

Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11124 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Thinking back on it, I know there was one game in particular maybe a year or so ago when a trophy appeared and I wasn't even taking the necessary action to grab it. Whichever game it was has slipped my mind already, though I do believe it was one of the Call of Duty titles or another game I wasn't greatly fond of.

On the topic of Call of Duty though, when finishing Black Ops the first time through it was played on the hardest setting for the single-player mode. The trophy for that didn't unlock, and for that it's kind of disappointing going through all that work to not get the desired result. While I'd tell myself I'd try for it again later... I just didn't have enough passion for enduring the boring story and wicked amounts of respawning enemies all over again.

Message 5 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14022 posts

Nov 23, 2011

To be honest, I haven't run into any major problems. Most of the trophies that I earn are unlocked immediatly. If it doesn't it means I didn't do it right and I can always repeat the level in order to get it. It only usually takes me a few tries before getting a specific trophy. So really, I haven't run into very many problems.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 30, 2012

I had  Problem with the GOW2

Collect all the URNS

I got them all in 1 walkthrough, and the trophy didnt pop up.. i managed to re-do it and it did... i didnt do anything diffrent..

DAMN YOU GOD OF WAR @_@

Message 7 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes