Jul 17 2012
By: presidentraygunn First Son 1 posts

Multiplayer and Single player trophies should be seperate.

2 replies 477 views Edited Jul 17, 2012

Some of us gamers don't prefer single player campaigns and some of us stay away from the multiplayer aspect of gaming. However, everyone who loves trophies wants that platinum. I have limited range of mobility which gives me a major disadvantage when playing online multiplayer. I want to earn some platinum trophies for my dedication to the single player campaigns. I thought it would be a good idea if we could earn platinum trophies for completing all single player challenges. Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Multiplayer and Single player trophies should be seperate.

Jul 25, 2012

I'd like that concept. email sony about it and mabye they will have it in their update.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (473 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Re: Multiplayer and Single player trophies should be seperate.

Jul 26, 2012

Unfortunately this wouldn't work as the developers who decide to include multiplayer trophies in the game's fixings have those trophies there for a reason. Basically you'd be earning 60% of the trophies while the other part remains incomplete. In your case, what you're asking for is that to be all there is.

It would be nice for there not to be multiplayer trophies if you're not digging the multiplayer aspect of a game. Not all games have good multiplayer, and it's a shame players must suffer the fate of venturing through the experience if they must have all the trophies. But just like that, single-player can also be looked at as the poor part of a game. If we really must slog through a bad game for all it has just to Platinum it, then there's really no reason to complain.

You wanted the game, you bought the game, and now it's in your hands whether you'll end up with all the trophies or not. The best idea is not to buy games that have multiplayer and online trophies if what you care for more is the Platinums than you do the games. If you do want the game that has multiplayer and online trophies but only for the service of its story mode, that's okay. Just ignore the multiplayer, forget about the Platinum and enjoy yourself.

It's not that Sony's going to bend over backwards to serve everyone a slice of Platinum pie for those who beg for one when they're only doing half the work and others when they only do the bare minimum. If you really wish to Platinum a game then you're going to have to put your back into it and pull. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (471 Views)
0 Likes