Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: insomniapr First Son 2 posts

"No more online storage available" msg after deleting all online saves

4 replies 324 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Hello! I have a Playstation Plus account and have several VERY time consuming game files (such as final Fantasy XIII and Rainbow Moon) in my online storage.

Lately, the 1st time I turn on my console every day, I get the prompt that my games couldn't be backed up because I don't have enough online storage available. After messing with the online storage a few times (XMB: Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3) > Online storage) and deleting some of the bigger saves, I kept getting the message, so I just deleted EVERYTHING saved online to see if I could get to the root of the issue.

So today I turned on my console... AND I GOT THE "NO MORE ONLINE STORAGE AVAILABLE" MESSAGE AGAIN! How is that possible when I deleted everything in there and I just checked the folder and it's still empty?? Help! I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting and I want to backup my games!

Thanks for any help and/or tips you can give me!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: "No more online storage available" msg after deleting all online saves

Jan 4, 2013
It might take a couple of days for it to change.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (322 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47790 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

insomniapr wrote:

Hello! I have a Playstation Plus account and have several VERY time consuming game files (such as final Fantasy XIII and Rainbow Moon) in my online storage.

Lately, the 1st time I turn on my console every day, I get the prompt that my games couldn't be backed up because I don't have enough online storage available. After messing with the online storage a few times (XMB: Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3) > Online storage) and deleting some of the bigger saves, I kept getting the message, so I just deleted EVERYTHING saved online to see if I could get to the root of the issue.

So today I turned on my console... AND I GOT THE "NO MORE ONLINE STORAGE AVAILABLE" MESSAGE AGAIN! How is that possible when I deleted everything in there and I just checked the folder and it's still empty?? Help! I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting and I want to backup my games!

Thanks for any help and/or tips you can give me!

Do you have any game data on the PS3 for games you no longer play.  Most games also install some game data in addition to the game save files.  The data is in a seperate part on the XMB but is in the game menu.

Check that.  If you have some stuff there for games you don't play anymore delete it....if you do play the game again one day you will just have to re-install the data/patches

as far as your online storage I believe that PS+ automatically backs up some other PS3 data as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13900 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I'm guessing here, but it is possible that when you select yes for the option to automatically upload new save data to online storage; that the game reserves enough of the online storage to hold the save data, and that reservation remains in effect as long as the option remains enabled; whether the save data is actually present or not (as it will be uploaded again automatically as soon as it is overwritten).  That would explain why you could be out of online storage after you deleted it all.  You may have to turn off automatic upload for some games also, before any space would be made available for more save data; or delete the save data from the PS3 also (after backing it up, of course).

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16620 posts

Jan 5, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

I'm guessing here, but it is possible that when you select yes for the option to automatically upload new save data to online storage; that the game reserves enough of the online storage to hold the save data, and that reservation remains in effect as long as the option remains enabled; whether the save data is actually present or not (as it will be uploaded again automatically as soon as it is overwritten).  That would explain why you could be out of online storage after you deleted it all.  You may have to turn off automatic upload for some games also, before any space would be made available for more save data; or delete the save data from the PS3 also (after backing it up, of course).

That makes sense. I hope the OP can come back and verify this.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (288 Views)
0 Likes