Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 15 2012
By: KeineEngel First Son 4 posts

issues with ps plus

7 replies 428 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

so i got a friend over and trying to play a game on my playstation on an offline account but it keeps sending him to the ps store webpage to reniew the lience for the game. he is using my ps3 since he does not own a console himself.  my account has ps plus and it wont let him play  kingdoms of amalur on his profile he has to sign into my profile to play it =/ which im afraid of loosing my save files to be honest but i dont want to not let him play it. ideas?

Message 1 of 8 (428 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29587 posts

Re: issues with ps plus

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

KeineEngel wrote:

so i got a friend over and trying to play a game on my playstation on an offline account but it keeps sending him to the ps store webpage to reniew the lience for the game. he is using my ps3 since he does not own a console himself.  my account has ps plus and it wont let him play  kingdoms of amalur on his profile he has to sign into my profile to play it =/ which im afraid of loosing my save files to be honest but i dont want to not let him play it. ideas?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

To be honest so long as your friend is signed in on your PS3 as another user he really should be able to access your games, all of your games, be they Plus or otherwise.

Are there other games they're not able to play or is it just this one they can't?

Message 2 of 8 (413 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Have him get his own Plus account.

Thats a wierd problem to have

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 3 of 8 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 16, 2012

nah i think i found the issue. i was looking into full ps3 games and i saw the ps plus logo in the description that its free. but i think it was saddly for a trail period only. but i found the game online brand new for under 15 bucks for ps3 so i might go out and buy it cause it was a game i always wanted to try. the sad thing tho was i was at the main menu of the game and went and did stuff and came back and it counted as my trail period lol didnt realize the timer would count down

Message 4 of 8 (396 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Dec 16, 2012

KeineEngel wrote:

nah i think i found the issue. i was looking into full ps3 games and i saw the ps plus logo in the description that its free. but i think it was saddly for a trail period only. but i found the game online brand new for under 15 bucks for ps3 so i might go out and buy it cause it was a game i always wanted to try. the sad thing tho was i was at the main menu of the game and went and did stuff and came back and it counted as my trail period lol didnt realize the timer would count down

If you buy anything thats offered free for Plus subscribers, it STAYS free.

Once the subscription ends, the game is unplayable until you re-up. 

When you re-up, start the game. It will take a few extra seconds since the game will run a check with the PSN to get a reset on the time limit.

Sounds like you no longer have a Plus subscription. In order to download/play the games again, you need to buy another subscription of at least 3  months. Using Free 30 day vouchers won't count

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 5 of 8 (384 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4562 posts

Dec 17, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sounds like you no longer have a Plus subscription. In order to download/play the games again, you need to buy another subscription of at least 3  months. Using Free 30 day vouchers won't count

I didn't get that from OP's posts, just that it was a game trial that expired.  Kingdoms of Amalur hasn't been offered as a full game.  Once a trial expires, you can't renew it; you have to purchase the game to play more.

Message 6 of 8 (369 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Moved from PS3 general. :catwink:

space_cape!!

Message 7 of 8 (353 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14795 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning was only available as a Playstation Plus full game trial.  Not a free PS Plus game.  The trials are only available to Playstation Plus subscribers, and only the PS Plus subscriber can play the game.  Also, the trial is only for 60 minutes; and that is real-time, not game time  The clock starts the first time that you start the game, so unless you haven't played the trial yet, then it has expired and would not even work under your PSN account.  So it doesn't matter.  Your friend could not play it anyway, unless you actually buy the game.

GKP
Message 8 of 8 (346 Views)
0 Likes