Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 23 2012
By: dedman818 Splicer 51 posts

Trying to buy Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition, no discount.

6 replies 467 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

I am a Playstation Plus member.  I am trying to purchase the Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition and it is only showing up as the full $19.99 when I select that game.  On most screens it shows it as $19.99/$15.99 for PSPlus, but on the actual Playstation Plus menu it is the only game that doesn't show the discounted price.  I don't want to miss the sale but I also would like to get the discount that I pay for by being a Plus member.  Is there a work around for this?Alice Madness.JPG

dedman818
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (467 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13938 posts

Re: Trying to buy Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition, no discount.

Nov 24, 2012

This has already been reported on the Playstation Store blog, which is the best place to report such problems. There is nothing that the forum community can do about it.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Thank you.
dedman818
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

Im a plus subscriber and Im having the exact same issue. I thought it was because I had previously downloaded the timed trial, but now I see that im not alone. I had a similar issue during the halloween sale. I wanted to buy Dead Rising Off the Record for the promotional price but it said that I already owned it, but i didnt! So the promotion expired and now its available for the full price... It sucks. I kinda preferred the old psn store...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 24, 2012
yeah you aren't alone. I'd post on the blog (as said by an earlier poster) but be sure you contact support too.
http://www.brianmichaelwaymire.com
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Yeah bmviana, I had downloaded the timed trial and when I went to purchase the Ultimate Edition it said I couldn't since I already owned the stand alone game.  I had to continue playing the trial until it expired before it stoped displaying that message, but then it was full price...  This new Playstation Store is just a broken mess.

dedman818
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (429 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13938 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Timed trials always worked that way.  Once you install the trial, you have to finish the hour of gameplay before you can purchase the full game. Presumably if you downloaded the trial it was because you weren't sure if you wanted to buy the game.  Sony didn't anticipate that you would decide to buy the game without playing it for an hour first, if it was $4 less expensive for a week.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (420 Views)
0 Likes