Oct 06 2012
By: Paralegal2011 First Son 2 posts

Transferring Playstation Plus Subscription from Master account to Subaccount

3 replies 1442 views Edited Oct 6, 2012
When I was in the Master account I purchased Playstation Plus subscription. What I meant to do was purchase it for my daughter's subaccount. Now she can't access PS Plus unless she's in our master account and all her game data is on her subaccount. Is there a way I can transfer that or she can access from her her subaccount? I hope this makes sense. Thank you for any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,442 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28041 posts

Re: Transferring Playstation Plus Subscription from Master account to Subaccount

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Paralegal2011 wrote:
When I was in the Master account I purchased Playstation Plus subscription. What I meant to do was purchase it for my daughter's subaccount. Now she can't access PS Plus unless she's in our master account and all her game data is on her subaccount. Is there a way I can transfer that or she can access from her her subaccount? I hope this makes sense. Thank you for any help.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sorry but unfortunately this isn't possible, in any event unless the rules changed & i wasn't aware of it a Sub-Account isn't able to purchase a Plus Subscription, only Master Accounts can.

It's possible a call or email to Sony's customer servcie department may yield some help for you, it's worth a try I suppose, their contact details can be located at the bottom of this page under "contact us".

Good luck to you sir.

EDIT: Your daughter may not be able to access PlayStation Plus as such, but any content purchased via the master-account (excluding avatars) will indeed be available to her in the sub-account.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Transferring Playstation Plus Subscription from Master account to Subaccount

Oct 7, 2012
Thank you, I will try calling Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,428 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13245 posts

Oct 7, 2012

There is no way to transfer anything purchased in the Playstation Store from one PSN account to another.  Master and sub-accounts are no exception.  It never hurts to ask, but I have never heard of anything like that actually being done.  Games and add-ons downloaded by one PSN account on a PS3 can generally be used by any other PSN account on the same PS3; so if you install free games as part of the subscription, your daughter can already play them under her own account.  She only needs to be the subscription owner to download and install the free games.  Not to play them. The only Playstation Plus subscription content that is limited to the PSN account that purchased the subscription is avatars.  The online storage feature is limited to save data belonging to the PSN account that purchased the subscription.  Side benefits like access to the X7 space in Home, and access to closed beta tests for games, are also only for the subscribing account.  Your daughter can probably get along without all of that.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (1,417 Views)
0 Likes