Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
28434 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play!!

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Thank you thank you, actually it was only because of you & the work you did that I was able to go back & do this.

 

I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game, I realy did, one of the best for a long time, the storyline & characters gripped me like so few games do these days, I will miss it.

 

As for getting the other one, oddly enough I was reading about it last night, virtually every review was awful, so I was going to skip it, not that I only go by reviews but they can be helpful, but with so many saying don't waste your money I was leaving it alone, you recommend it then?

 

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/20/2008
Online
10920 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - RESOLVED TYVM NE1!!

Apr 6, 2013
I'm just gonna poke my head in and letcha know that Survival Instincts is in no way worth purchasing, at least until it hits the bargain bargain bin.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (211 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
16316 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - RESOLVED TYVM NE1!!

Apr 6, 2013

johngie wrote:
I'm just gonna poke my head in and letcha know that Survival Instincts is in no way worth purchasing, at least until it hits the bargain bargain bin.

Thanks johngie. No Brit I wasn't recommending it. I haven't got it. I was just trying to pick your brain (pun intended) about if it was worth getting. I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (208 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
28434 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - RESOLVED TYVM NE1!!

Apr 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

johngie wrote:
I'm just gonna poke my head in and letcha know that Survival Instincts is in no way worth purchasing, at least until it hits the bargain bargain bin.

Thanks johngie. No Brit I wasn't recommending it. I haven't got it. I was just trying to pick your brain (pun intended) about if it was worth getting. I guess I'll wait for a price drop.


@ ne1 - LOL :smileylol:.

 

@ Johngie - You've confirmed what I have read so far, shame because I so enjoyed the one I just finished.

 

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/18/2009
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - Same issue here!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Hi guys.

 

I have the exactly same issue that BRIT-KO reported: got The Walking Dead's episodes 1 and 2 thru Playstation Plus, played them and really enjoyed it, then on March 1st I bought the Season Pass to get the other episodes. Yesterday, when I tried to play Episode 3, my save file data didn't work, and Episode 1 and Season Pass were marked with a 'GET', like I haven't purchased them. 

 

I've tried NE1 solution suggestion, but it doesn't work for me. On Playstation Store, when I enter Episode 1 and Season Pass pages, the only option that appears is to Buy it, the Download option doesn't appear. And though Episodes 2-5 and the Premium Theme are on my Download List and The Walking Dead Season Pass is on my account' Services List, Episode 1 and the Unlock key are nowhere to be found. :smileysad:

 

Please, PS+ Support, can you give me a hand on this issue? I really want to play this game to watch the story to the very end, and get this Platinun Trophy too! >_<'

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/08/2009
Online
1006 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - Same issue here!!

Aug 10, 2013

IKARI_LEO wrote:

Hi guys.

 

I have the exactly same issue that BRIT-KO reported: got The Walking Dead's episodes 1 and 2 thru Playstation Plus, played them and really enjoyed it, then on March 1st I bought the Season Pass to get the other episodes. Yesterday, when I tried to play Episode 3, my save file data didn't work, and Episode 1 and Season Pass were marked with a 'GET', like I haven't purchased them. 

 

I've tried NE1 solution suggestion, but it doesn't work for me. On Playstation Store, when I enter Episode 1 and Season Pass pages, the only option that appears is to Buy it, the Download option doesn't appear. And though Episodes 2-5 and the Premium Theme are on my Download List and The Walking Dead Season Pass is on my account' Services List, Episode 1 and the Unlock key are nowhere to be found. :smileysad:

 

Please, PS+ Support, can you give me a hand on this issue? I really want to play this game to watch the story to the very end, and get this Platinun Trophy too! >_<'


I have the same issue.  I got Season 1 and 2 last year when they were free with PS Plus.  I had a 30 day trial at the time and played both episodes and got the trophies for them.  I had been given a code for another 30 day trial from a friend earlier this year who had received one but didn't need it since he already has a subscription.  I bought the Season Pass and played episodes 3-5 and got the trophies for them. 

 

Not too long ago I bought 400 Days and have been playing it to get the trophies for it but none of the trophies were popping up.  I read somewhere that Episode 1 needed to be installed but I had never deleted it.  I thought I would try redownloading it and couldn't find it in my download list.  2-5 and the theme are there and the Season Pass shows in my Services List.  I don't have PS Plus at the moment and I would think that since I had paid for the Season Pass, even though it was a Plus discount, that I would be able to access it even when my Plus expired.  I know that free games are disabled when your Plus subscription runs out but I didn't think it would affect paid content.

 

I am able to play 400 Days.  I just want my trophies.  Since others seem to have the same issue I am wondering if there is any official word on why this is happening. 



Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/12/2009
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - Same issue here!!

Aug 25, 2013

That is the problem I am also having.  I will try looking through my download list again but I didn't see an unlock key.  My transaction history shows I bought the season pass.  When I go to the listings in the PSN store for The Walking Dead Episode 1 or the Season Pass the download option is not available, instead I can only add them to the cart.  

I was in the same situation where I played the first two episodes for free through PS plus, but I didn't have a problem playing episodes 3 through 5.  I recently purchased the stand alone episode, 400 Days, it started to work but would freeze up if a character died or changing a scene even. The episode looks fun and I'm bummed out there is a message warning me that my decisions in the main game would have affected the gameplay, but my save file is still there. 

There are so many different ways things can go wrong with errors and many people who have played these games seem to experience different problems. It is so frustrating that telltale can make such entertaining games but with all sorts of technical flaws.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
16316 posts
 

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play - Same issue here!!

Aug 25, 2013

I'll go on my PS3 later this evening and see if I have the same problem again and see if I can find a solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes