Nov 19 2013
By: WorldSkater66 First Son 11 posts

Super confused need some help please

2 replies 82 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

In 2006 my brother and I got a Ps3 and since he is older than me, he made his account the master on the system and I was the sub-account. On my own Ps3 2 months ago I activated a PS+ subscription and it went through and it shows my avatar with the lilttle yellow PLUS symbol next to it. Now we both have Ps4's. I activated my account the primary account on my Ps4. Where I am cofused is wether or not I need a PS+ subscription or not. Why I wonder this is because I wanted to activate the free $10 credit and when I try to do it it gives me an error on my Vita it states "You cannot perform this operation with your account (sub account) (C2-14295-1) . On my Ps4 it gives me an error code of (E-82000102). I went onto my brothers Ps3 and looked at the restrictions and there are no content restrictions on the sub-account. Also he has money in the "wallet" if I was a sub-account shouldn't I be able to see the funds in the store? Am I still a sub account?  I don't understand why I can't add funds to my account. If im a sub account how come I was allowed to redeem a PS+ subscription?  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (82 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27923 posts

Re: Super confused need some help please

Nov 19, 2013

Sub-Accounts do not have a PSN Wallet, hence the reason you cannot add funds to that account, the Sub-Account takes funds from the Master-Account.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Super confused need some help please

Nov 19, 2013

Ok then how come I was able to use my own PS+? We are on different Ps4, he can see the money in the account but I cant even though there are no restrictions.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes