Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 27 2012
By: RYVAL First Son 17 posts

Resin scribed to playstation plus, overwrote all sved files

4 replies 276 views Edited Aug 27, 2012
I recently re subscribed to playstation plus to get a saved file from my network storage for a game I have not played in a while.

Long story short, I had purchased new games since loosing my PS+ subscription and chalked up many hours in them (LBP1 and 2) they were not saved in PS+ online storage but they were on my PS3s internal storage. After re subscribing to PS+ the network seemed to decide for me that my old save files that were for old games were more important then my new saved files of new games and deleted them without asking me.

I realize that it's my own darn fault for not backing up these saved files but I don't think that deleting new saved files of Game A and replacing with old saved files of Game B should be a feature of PS+. Does anyone have or know of a way around getting these files back?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4666 posts

Re: Resin scribed to playstation plus, overwrote all sved files

Oct 2, 2012
How long has it been between the lapse and your resubscription? I think Plus retains your stored save files for up to 180 days. Plus doesn't delete any of your saves on your PS3, however if enabled, it will upload the latest version of a save for the same game.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14116 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Playstation Plus supports automatic upload of PS3 save data (for compatible games) to online storage, but there was never any automatic download of save data from online storage.  Playstation Plus won't replace save data on your PS3 hard drive with the online copy without prompting you, and will only do so if you manually copy it using the option menu. Online storage has its own folder which appears at the top of the PS3 Save Data Utility, but your local PS3 save data is also in the Utility further down in the list.  You might need to scroll down to see it. You are probably looking at old LBP1 and 2 save data that was automatically uploaded to online storage the last time that you subscribed to Playstation Plus.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for the tips guys. It was longer then180 days, for sure. But I jumped the tuning this question. I didn't realize that LBP1 and 2 save their saved data to the game data utility folder and not the saved game folder. This allows for cross game DLC transfer and super fast loads. I was confused when I didn't see any saved file (thinking that PS+ deleted it) and loaded LBP1 only to find all my hard work still existed.

Unfortunately I resubscribed to PS+ to get my old save file of FFXIII but I found out that I had not uploaded it, nor had I backed it up. Good thing I wasn't any more then 2ish hours in to the game.

Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 4, 2012
(Sorry about the typos. Autocorrect hates me)
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes