Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 13 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1476 posts

RESOLVED - Titles Showed Free for Plus Members: Charged In The Cart

[ Edited ]
12 replies 29339 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

Hi all, 

We're aware of reports that the PSN game Alien Breed was listed as "Free" for Plus members for a period of time in the lead up to the 2/12 Store Publish. This product should now be listed correctly as a Plus discounted game, however I'm hearing that some saw a "free" listing, and were charged. 

I will examine the issue and determine possible affected users. I'm blocking new replies for this post so you're welcome to Subscribe to this thread to follow updates when they're made by an SCEA rep. If there was in fact an issue, we will ensure that those affected are taken care of. 

You can communicate your feedback about this issue in the following thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/PS-Store-Showing-Free-Items-When-...

LATEST UPDATE (for earlier updates; review the replies below)

The refunds should now be complete for Rayman 3 HD and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. 

The refunds should have went straight to your SEN Wallet and will be there no later than this Friday 4/5. 

Thank you, 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Message 1 of 13 (29,339 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Re: Titles Showed Free for Plus Members: Charged In The Cart

Feb 13, 2013

UPDATE 2 (2/13 @ 2:15pm PST)

We are continuing to identify the users that made the transaction to purchase the content that was listed as Free. Once we identify those who inadvertantly purchased the content, I'll outline the path to resolution for everyone. Thanks for your continued patience. 

@morganharo

Message 2 of 13 (13,428 Views)
1476 posts

Feb 14, 2013

UPDATE 3 (2/14 @ 2:32p PST)

We're continuing to identify everyone affected, but one point of clairifcation; we're using our reporting tools to identify those affected. There is no need to post on a forum or anything like that =) Please continue to stand by as we continue to ensure all heads are counted. Thank you. 

@morganharo

Message 3 of 13 (11,242 Views)
1476 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Hi all,

Just an update but we are still reviewing the issue. These items normally take a few weeks to fully resolve. Thanks for your patience. The office is also closed on Monday so I won't have any further updates until Tuesday.
@morganharo

Message 4 of 13 (8,679 Views)
1476 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

We're finalzing gathering the users affected by the issue. Refund notifications will be pushed to PS3 inboxes to your PS3 wallet (accessed on the XMB) within 1 - 3 weeks; but we'll be working on ensuring they arrive as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

@morganharo

Message 5 of 13 (7,804 Views)
1476 posts

Feb 22, 2013

UPDATE 5 (2/21 @ 4:18pm PST)

We're currently rolling out refunds for those affected here. It may take some time for everyone to receive the notification, however everyone should be taken care of by Monday 2/25. Thank you for your patience. 

@morganharo

Message 6 of 13 (5,722 Views)
1476 posts

Feb 22, 2013

The message to affected users should have gone out to everyone. Please check your XMB Messages to ensure you've received the following message: 

Thank you for your recent purchase from the PlayStation Store. As you may have realized, we experienced some issues while processing transactions that resulted in a small number of users being charged for content that was listed as free.  Unfortunately, you were one of the affected users and we are contacting you to let you know we are aware of the error and will be refunding the amount erroneously charged to your wallet.  You should see the credit in your wallet by 2/21/13.  Note that this will not affect the content you downloaded - the content is yours to keep.  We are also including a voucher code, below, worth $5 to make up for any inconvenience

Vouchers must be redeemed into your account by May 31, 2013.

@morganharo

Message 7 of 13 (5,237 Views)
1476 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Hearing reports that some did not get their full refund as they were anticipating and I've seen some of the messages that some are posting in which the CS contact does not properly recognize the issue.  I'm going to determine the best path for you guys to follow. I'll post here when I have an update for you. 

@morganharo

Message 8 of 13 (4,115 Views)
0 Likes
1476 posts

Mar 5, 2013

For those that have stated that they have not received their full refund, thanks for being patient. At this time, if you have still not yet been given  a full refund on the issue where content was shown as free, my best advice is to contact Customer Service and let them know the situation. 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options 

If possible, please have your email receipt from the transactions. 

If you're not able to find a resolution you're looking for through contacting Customer Service, please send me a Private Message on these forums with any correspondence from the CS team and I will review it further, but ONLY after you've given the CS team adequate time to review your case.

Apologies for the inconvenience here and I look forward to ensuring that if you were in fact charged for content that was listed as free, and have not receievd your full refund, that you get the funds back. 

@morganharo

Message 9 of 13 (3,263 Views)
0 Likes
1476 posts

Mar 7, 2013

As mentioned, if you did not received a refund, please send me a PM on these forums and I'll get with CS to get to the bottom. The following people eaither reached out to me, or I noted their issue: 

PSN ID: PhoenixAlessia

PSN ID: Charlie_Scene13

PSN ID: Vonrambus

PSN ID: Wezker

PSN ID: Dreamer3kx

PSN ID: Geohen

I've sent your cases to CS Management directly and either CS, or I, will have an update for you within one week from today. Seems refunds are missing mostly from those who 'puchased' Rayman 3HD and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. 

If you still believe you need a refund and don't see your name on that list above, please send me a PM with the games you're awaiting a refund on. The next time I will send a note to CS will be Monday afternoon. Remember, these games need to have been 'purchased' on 2/12 when they were accidentally marked as Free for a limited time on the Store. 

@morganharo

Message 10 of 13 (3,021 Views)
0 Likes