Aug 16 2012
By: FritoPie008 First Son 4 posts

Questions about Playstation Plus

7 replies 337 views Edited Aug 16, 2012

I'm thinking of subscribing for the first time. Can you someone confirm for me the following: Once I've downloaded games, will I have to be signed on to PSN in order to play? What if the network is down, I can't play? If my own internet is down, can I play the DLC?

I have 2 ps3's in my house, I want to be sure PS Plus games downloaded can be played on both consoles simultaneously?

Also, the games won't be able to save to usb right? only playable as long as I'm subscribing right...

Thanks for the Help!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (337 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27871 posts

Re: Questions about Playstation Plus

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Unless the game requires you to be online then any game, be it a game from/through PS Plus or from the regular part of the store can be played offline, whether that game has DLC or not makes no difference.

I'm not sure about the second part of your question, simultaneously, but my inclination is to say no I don't think you can.

You can save saved game data to any external HDD or USB Driver, full games, no I don't think so.

Avatars cannnot be shared between accounts.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

actually you can play the games on two systems at once-- just not online under the same name at the same time-- once you download stuff with plus-- they are useable with all accounts on the ps3 with the main account (up to 2) with the exception of avatars

EDIT- welcome to the forums and welcome to plus- if you have any further questions feel free to come ask us!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (323 Views)
VP of Gaming
27871 posts

Aug 16, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

actually you can play the games on two systems at once-- just not online under the same name at the same time-- once you download stuff with plus-- they are useable with all accounts on the ps3 with the main account (up to 2) with the exception of avatars

EDIT- welcome to the forums and welcome to plus- if you have any further questions feel free to come ask us!

Yea that was the point I was trying to make, sorry if I wasn't very clear.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 26, 2012

is there a way to find out when your plus membership ends

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (271 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27871 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Yes there is, go to Account Management > Transaction history > List of services > Playstation Plus.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Hey if i link my 2 psn accounts will plus be available to both or just one? 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13151 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I don't know what you mean by linking two PSN accounts.  Each Playstation Plus subscription is associated with only one PSN account.  Some Plus content, such as games and add-ons, can be shared with other PSN accounts on the same PS3 that it is installed on.  Other benefits, such as Online Storage (Cloud Saves), and free avatars, are only available to the PSN account that purchased the subscription.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes