Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 26 2014
By: The_Gould_Abides First Son 5 posts

Ps+ subscriptions bought on friends system not registering on home system??

4 replies 118 views Edited Jan 26, 2014
Hello,

My friend bought his ps + subscription on my ps4, but when he went home and tried to access ps+ features on his ps3 (he does not own a ps4) he couldn't. It's as if he never bought it. Any help as to why he can't access ps+ features on his ps3? We thought the subscription would be linked to his psn account, not my system.

Thanks
Message 1 of 5 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Re: Ps+ subscriptions bought on friends system not registering on home system??

Jan 27, 2014
Plus is linked to his account. Call Sony is the only thing he can do I believe.

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14899 posts

Jan 27, 2014

The subscription is linked to a PSN account.  Not any particular console.  Was he signed in to PSN with his own account when he purchased the subscription?  Is the subscription listed on his account's services list, and transaction history?  Maybe he bought it under your account?

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8301 posts

Jan 27, 2014

gkpama00 wrote:

The subscription is linked to a PSN account.  Not any particular console.  Was he signed in to PSN with his own account when he purchased the subscription?  Is the subscription listed on his account's services list, and transaction history?  Maybe he bought it under your account?

This is what I am thinking happened.  If your friend did not actually log into the console with his own PSN ID either as a guest, or on his own separate Console User Profile, then he purchased PS+ for what ever account was signed in at the time.

Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 30, 2014

More info:

He was logged into his own PSN account on my PS4. We were trying to play Call of Duty online (I have a ps+ subscription already) and it asked him to buy his own subscription in order to play online. He only has a ps3 and did not already have ps+. He bought it, and we played online with no more issues. so I assumed this meant his account now had ps+.

After the fact I noticed that my credit card was charged and not the credit card linked to my friends account. 

Then he went home and when he logs into his PSN account on his ps3 he does not have any ps+ features. 

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (37 Views)
0 Likes