Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 14 2013
By: ishanarora First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation plus membership renewed without my will

4 replies 354 views Edited Sep 14, 2013
My auto renew option was turned off but still sony has charged me for the next year subscription even though I didnt need it. I did not make this transaction for auto renewal of  play station plus membership and was given no prior notification. Can I get a refund for this?
Message 1 of 5 (354 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Playstation plus membership renewed without my will

Sep 14, 2013
And today I have received an email from sony stating "Your PlayStation®Plus membership has expired and you can no longer access the service."
Does this mean ill get a refund for the amount I was charged for?
Message 2 of 5 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

If you received an E-mail saying that your PS+ has expired, yet you have been charged for one more year, then something mush have went wrong and you should contact Sony.

You can do it by live chat or by calling them, look here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Geoff FLYNN.png
Message 3 of 5 (332 Views)
MVP Support
15608 posts

Sep 15, 2013

First of all, turning off the auto funding for subscriptions wallet option is only effective if there is not enough money in your wallet to pay for the renewal.  If there is enough money in the wallet to pay for auto-renewal, then the wallet funds will be used, and no auto-funding is needed.  You have to cancel automatic renewal of the Plus subscription specifically in the services list.  There is no option to turn off auto-renewal for all subscriptions at once.

If you canceled auto renewal of the Plus subscription specifically, then you would not have been charged for a renewal. If you were charged for a renewal, and then the subscription was cancelled; then that usually means that the payment to fund your wallet was rejected.  But if you turned off auto wallet-funding, then that should not happen either.  I agree that you need to contact customer support by phone or live chat to figure out what happened.  

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 16, 2013
When you opt in to a subscription based service ALWAYS read the fine print.
Sony tells you that they will auto renew.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)