Dec 26 2012
By: angeredreaper First Son 1 posts

Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection question

5 replies 221 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

I have a question about the Instant Game Collection. I just downloaded some games from the collection and put them in my memory card. It said that you would not be allowed to download the game after your membership is over. So would you still be able to play the games if your membership is over, but its still on your memory card?
Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11299 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection question

Dec 26, 2012

The games marked as "Free" on PlayStation Plus are only available to play while you're a member of the service. Even if a Vita game is sitting on the handheld's memory card it will have no effect on the game's playability. Like any PlayStation Plus game made free to PlayStation 3 owners, if a game's sitting on your PlayStation 3 harddrive it may sit there as long as you want but it'll do so as a file that can no longer be accessed. The only method in which to keep free games through Plus playable is by renewing your membership.

Message 2 of 6 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11661 posts

Dec 26, 2012
But the games you download (you don't even have to download them) will stay in your Download List forever.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 6 (209 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17638 posts

Dec 27, 2012

angeredreaper wrote:

I have a question about the Instant Game Collection. I just downloaded some games from the collection and put them in my memory card. It said that you would not be allowed to download the game after your membership is over. So would you still be able to play the games if your membership is over, but its still on your memory card?

No. You won't.  Each game has a license file that must be on the console in order for the game to work. The license files for all games that are downloaded free by Playstation Plus subscribers expire the day after your current Playstation Plus subscription ends.  After that, the game will no longer run.  Even if you renew your subscription to Plus, you will still have to go back to the Playsation Store and download a new license file, in order to continue playing the game.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Sorry I have a quick question hope you can give me an answer. I want to try out PS plus for vita but i dont always have internet connection specially when commuting. do have to have wifi or be signed on to PSN/PS PLUS in order to play the instant game collection?

thanks hope for your reply

Message 5 of 6 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11661 posts

Dec 28, 2012
Once the games are downloaded to the Vita, you're good to go, internet or not.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 6 of 6 (159 Views)
0 Likes