Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: Figo-US First Son 1 posts

PSN Plus 30 day free trial cancel

10 replies 4916 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I have just redeemed a 30 day trial for the PSN plus.

It says if you dont cancel it before 30 days you will be automatically charged for three months (17.99).

I have look all over for a cancel button but there isnt one.

I have cancelled the automatic renew option for the PSN plus and have also canceled the automatic funding for the wallet on the PSN account.

Is there anything else I can do to cancel it before the 30 days and avoid the automatic charging of 17,99 after the 30 day trial?

Will the actions I have already taken be enough to cancel it and avoid any charges after the end of my 30 day free trial?

Thank you for your help,

Rod

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (4,916 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29038 posts

Re: PSN Plus 30 day free trial cancel

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Figo-US wrote:

I have just redeemed a 30 day trial for the PSN plus.

It says if you dont cancel it before 30 days you will be automatically charged for three months (17.99).

I have look all over for a cancel button but there isnt one.

I have cancelled the automatic renew option for the PSN plus and have also canceled the automatic funding for the wallet on the PSN account.

Is there anything else I can do to cancel it before the 30 days and avoid the automatic charging of 17,99 after the 30 day trial?

Will the actions I have already taken be enough to cancel it and avoid any charges after the end of my 30 day free trial?

Thank you for your help,

Rod

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

There isn't a "cancel" button, but you've already done it by performing the actions within the highlighted section above.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (4,913 Views)
MVP Support
14384 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Canceling the automatic renewal is the only way that you can cancel any subscription.  You can't cancel a subscription that has already started, as there are no refunds.  You can only cancel automatic renewal, and you have done that, so you should not be charged anything further for Playstation Plus.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (4,906 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 15, 2013

this is wrong automatic cut 19.99 USD from my funding. if tis only trail then why all this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (4,817 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29038 posts

Jan 15, 2013

aarnavi wrote:

this is wrong automatic cut 19.99 USD from my funding. if tis only trail then why all this. 

You need to turn off auto-renewal.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (4,806 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

aarnavi wrote:

19.99USD isn't even the price of any Playstation Plus subscription, so that must have been for something else; unless you posted the amount incorrectly.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (4,793 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jan 16, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

aarnavi wrote:

You need to turn off auto-renewal.

And this is why I have NO Credit Cards or Bank Accounts tied to PSN.  Although the problem is relatively easy to avoid, I like to maintain a $0.00 balance in my wallet, with no attached accounts.

Now I can site many issues with PSN codes, but I have found; if you buy them then use them immediately, then there are few issues.

I used a $50 Card to get my Year Sub to PLUS.  When it is about to run out, I will get another card.  Still not sure why they have separate cards, one for an actual membership, and ones that are a dollar value.  The outcome is the same.

:smileywink: Just thought I would share.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (4,788 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

Jan 16, 2013

The only real advantage of the PS+ card is that it allows you to spend the exact amount of the subscription.  If you purchased a 3 month subscription with a $20 card then you would have $2.01 left over that you couldn't really do much with.  If you purchased a one-year subscription with a $50 card then you have $0.01 left over that you can't really do anything with. Even if you were using a credit card to fund your wallet, you can only add funds in whole dollar amounts. Sony used to have gift cards for a few specific games.  Obviously you could buy the same game with a regular PSN card, but you would have change left over in your PSN wallet.  Some people just don't like carrying any credit balance on PSN.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (4,786 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Jan 16, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

The only real advantage of the PS+ card is that it allows you to spend the exact amount of the subscription.  If you purchased a 3 month subscription with a $20 card then you would have $2.01 left over that you couldn't really do much with.  If you purchased a one-year subscription with a $50 card then you have $0.01 left over that you can't really do anything with. Even if you were using a credit card to fund your wallet, you can only add funds in whole dollar amounts. Sony used to have gift cards for a few specific games.  Obviously you could buy the same game with a regular PSN card, but you would have change left over in your PSN wallet.  Some people just don't like carrying any credit balance on PSN.

Right; I don't mind having the change in there.  Eventually it adds up to a usable amount anyway.

As far as the renewal; if the OP chose "auto", when setting up the trial, and had a card on file, would it not just recharge his CC without his/her approval?

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (4,784 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

Jan 17, 2013

When you sign up for the free trial, it is the same as any other subscription.  It will renew automatically when it expires, unless you cancel it before then, or PSN can't get the funds from your wallet (including auto-funding) to pay for the renewal.  The auto-renewal is for 3 months, because you can't buy a 1-month subscription.  You can now set a wallet option to not add funds for subscription renewals even if you have payment information in your account profile.  This option applies to all subscriptions.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (4,774 Views)