Jan 22 2013
By: SirSpirituous First Son 21 posts

PS+ WWE 13 Cloud Issues!

[ Edited ]
7 replies 657 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

WARNING! WWE 13 will break your PS+ Auto Upload Save Data Feature If You Have ANY created wrestlers. 

Here is the issue described in detail and the fix for said issues.

The problem:

1. WWE 13's normal saved data file size is around 7MB.

2. When you create a CAW (Create A Wrestler) the file goes from 7MB to over 2GIGS in Size! (Even larger if you have more CAWS)

3. PS+ Cloud Save Is Only 1GIG In Size.

4. You will continue to get the error message of  "not enough free space is available in the cloud" every single time you do the Auto Update via PS+.

The solution :

1. Insert your WWE 13 Disc into the system, and press triangle. Select Saved Data Auto Upload and select NO.

2. Start WWE 13 and go to create and delete all your created wrestlers. (CAWS)

3. Exit the game to the XMB and check the save file has returned to around the 7MB mark.

4. Change your Auto Update Time via the XMB under System Settings to the closest current time you have. (IE If it's 7:00PM then change the Auto Update time to 7:00PM, and turn off your system)

5. Auto Update should start right away and finish uploading the WWE 13 save file of 7MB and you should no longer get an error of not having enough free space.

It took me 4 days of going through my system step my step, doing everything under the sun to finally diagnose what was going on with it, and why my Auto Update was broken. Rebuilding the Database, Filesystem, Removing everything from cloud storage, and calling Sony up 4days straight. 

Nobody had any clue what was going on, and the only way I found out about this, was I was uploading copy protected saves to the cloud one by one, and was going to delete my user and create a new user as per Sony's suggestions and I saw the over 2GIG save file for WWE 13. 

So I hope this saves other folks out there the headache of dealing with this, and this helps other folks out there experiencing the same issues.  It's no wonder THQ is bankrupt with shoddy programming like this. I've never in all my years of computer/networking/testing/coding work ever seen a save file go from 7MB to over 2GIGS for simply making a created wrestler or character.

Regards

Message 1 of 8 (657 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Re: PS+ WWE 13 Cloud Issues!

Jan 25, 2013
Thank you so much for this. I have the same problem and couldn't figure out why I had no room left on my cloud. Problem solved. Thanks!
Message 2 of 8 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5091 posts

Jan 26, 2013

while i dont have this game-- thanks for the info- something to keep in mind

Message 3 of 8 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

thanks for the post but for me after i did everything when my ps3 would shut down and go into automatic update mode it would just sit there and do nothing i tried a few times so what i did was play MLB13 The Show had a game of season mode than exit than retried and it works so I think you need to have others things to update before this will work properly... for me anyways

Too bad WWE13 online is so broken that i wont be able to platinum this one like i have 2 other ones :smileymad:

Message 4 of 8 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 12, 2013
lol a 2gig save file for one CAW? Thats ridiculous..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Mar 12, 2013

did you post this on the wwe forums yet? maybe post on the thq ones and the new 2k ones so other people know about this too

Message 6 of 8 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Mar 12, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
lol a 2gig save file for one CAW? Thats ridiculous..

In the old WWE games, a save file was around 40-50MB for one superstar, unfortunatly, WWE 13 has all 50 in one save file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 7 of 8 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 26, 2014

Thanks for this! Been getting this issue for a long time now!

Instead of removing all the CAWs, can I just deleted the saved data that's on the system? Or do I actually have to go through and delete em and then re-upload to work?

Message 8 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes