Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 15 2012
By: raptors15jj First Son 2 posts

PS Store says "Not enough system space" despite having exactly that.

6 replies 3511 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

Hello,

I recently tried to download Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition from the PS Store (and I am a PS plus member). It tells me that I don't have enough system space to do so, but I have checked it several times and I have 33GB of available space. 

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Raptor

Message 1 of 7 (3,511 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Re: PS Store says "Not enough system space" despite having exactly that.

Dec 15, 2012

raptors15jj wrote:

Hello,

I recently tried to download Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition from the PS Store (and I am a PS plus member). It tells me that I don't have enough system space to do so, but I have checked it several times and I have 33GB of available space. 

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Raptor

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The fact that you're a Plus Subscriber has no bearing on this issue.

Generally this problem comes up when you don't have enough free space on your HDD to download the game, bear in mind that the game needs double the space, if the game is say 15GB in size then you'll need at least 30GB of free space, the other 15GB will be freed up after the install takes place.

Are you sure you're reading your available space correctly.

Message 2 of 7 (3,504 Views)
MVP Support
15608 posts

Dec 16, 2012

SSF4 Arcade Edition is an 18GB download.  You need at least 36GB free to download and install it; 18GB to download the installation package, and at least another 18GB to install it.  33GB isn't going to be enough.  The PS3 is correct about that.  Once the game is installed, then the installation package is deleted and you will get 18GB of storage back.  If you are going to install full PS3 games from the Playstation Store, you will need lots of storage. Only PS3s made in the last two years were designed with hard drives large enough to accommodate full PS3 games.  Older PS3s won't be able to install much from the Instant Game Collection unless their hard drives have been upgraded.  

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (3,498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Thanks for both of the replies.  Its a 250GB PS3, but I have several games and timed trials saved on it. Now I know for future.

Can I can delete and reinstall a game at a later time after I download or purchase it once, or after it has been removed from the PS store?

Thanks again for the help.

Raptor

Message 4 of 7 (3,493 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

raptors15jj wrote:

Thanks for both of the replies.  Its a 250GB PS3, but I have several games and timed trials saved on it. Now I know for future.

Can I can delete and reinstall a game at a later time after I download or purchase it once, or after it has been removed from the PS store?

Thanks again for the help.

Raptor

Yes you can, you can re-download a game as many times as you wish, even if it's removed from the PS Store.

Message 5 of 7 (3,490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Dec 17, 2012

raptors15jj wrote:

Generally yes, but it isn't guaranteed.  Occasionally a game has to be removed from Sony's servers entirely because Sony no longer has the legal right to distribute the game.  In that case, you would not be able to download it again even if you had purchased it.  It is rare, but it does happen.  If the publisher just decides to not sell the game in the Playstation Store anymore, which also does happen; then it would generally still be available for previous purchasers to download again.  The exception is demos, which are generally unavailable for download by anyone once they are removed from the Playstation Store. The Playstation Plus one hour trial versions of games can only be downloaded once by each PSN account.  

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (3,475 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

Yes if its removed from Playstation Store you can just goto Playstation Store to your Downlist section and redownload them from there or goto your Account Management and to the Transaction Settings to the Downliast List and redownload them from there as many times you like.

Get your Portable ID!

Hi I Like Cookie's
Message 7 of 7 (3,441 Views)
0 Likes