Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: VTK-O First Son 5 posts

PS+ Games that were limited-time only.

[ Edited ]
9 replies 216 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

I got a problem with the Limited Time only games (expired freebie, ones that were free for a short period of time and becomes your game once it expires from PS+ Free game section? or whatever).

If so continue reading on.

if not tell me how I still kept my freebie games (that expired from the selection) after my PS+ expired. (Ex. Virtua Fighter 5 : FS a June Freebie was good even after my PS+ Expired which was in September.)

I was a PS+ back in June (ended september) to get Virtua Fighter 5 final showdown and other free games ( i will list them down at the end) They were Limited-time only. VF5 : FS expired maybe near the end of June such as other games. I grabbed them before they expired and of course they were kept even after my PS+ expired (I can remember it being in my DL history) until the store was probably updated (I cant say if it was because of the store since I was in the process of moving out so I didn't have time to really play),

~EDIT~

even -Some of- my DLCs got resetted as well. 

I emailed the contact support twice about this and it seemed like both didnt know what I was really talking bout, (I kinda miss read a part in the first email but still it seems they didnt understand what I mean.)

List of games that disappeared Completely from my List not even a trial version shows downloaded into my history.

1. Virtua Fighter 5: FS

2. HardCorps: Uprising

3. Zombie Apocolypse: Never Die Alone

4. The Walking Dead -Grabbed it by chance :smileyvery-happy:-

5. Saints Row 2,(This one is a bit different, I got it from PS+ but I never got it free when my PS+ expired nor the game expired itself, but, I did purchased a new copy of Saints Row The 3rd during the time  I was PS+, entered the online pass and got another copy of SR2 but, again its gone from my DL history)

The awkward part is I was able to keep some of the expired Avatars,Themes and DLCs and these games aren't shown as FREEBIES again on PS+.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Re: PS+ Games that were limited-time only.

Nov 27, 2012

You need to begin to redownload them so the liscense renews. You don't have to completely redownload just start then cancel.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 27, 2012
DLCs and Online passes I'm doing that.

For those disappeared games no, Like i said they disappeared from my DL History
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Nov 27, 2012

VTK-O wrote:
DLCs and Online passes I'm doing that.

For those disappeared games no, Like i said they disappeared from my DL History

DL history in store or under account management?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Sorry "Download List" so yes account management, didnt have the games I listed.

but Transaction History is of course the record of what I bought and downloaded.

I even tried looking in the store they all have to be completely RE-purchased.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 27, 2012
completely full free games.
Ps+ gives free games for amount of time.

Example.

1. you become PS+
2. You check the "about to expire" Section.
3. Download those that were about to become expire.
4. 1 week or so and of course your still a PS+ member and the freebies that expired becomes yours.

like i said I still have the avatars,themes and DLC that were mine but, the games no.

so when The walking dead became free it came with episode 1(obviously) and 2 DLC. they both expired at the same time as well but, those were in my DL List even after my PS+ expired.

It couldve been the Store update that messed up my list.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I know how Plus works. I've been a member almost from the start. I suspect it's the store update now too.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Expired Freebies become yours right??
if your still a ps+ member when the freebie expired.

Like I said I got replies from support but, they basically said the exact same thing.

"If your not a PS+ member you wont be able to access these games."
when I clearly said "Limited time only games"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13624 posts

Nov 28, 2012

You are a little bit unclear on how Plus works.  First of all, none of the free games are for a limited time.  Once you purchase a free game for $0, it remains in your downloads list for as long as you remain a Playstation Plus subscriber.  The limit is on how long you have to purchase the free game.  If you don't purchase the free game while it is still listed in the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store (before it expires), then you don't get it at all, no matter how long you remain a Plus subscriber (unless the game is offered again later).  The licenses for all free games that you download with your Playstation Plus subscription expire the day after your current Playstation Plus subscription expires.  As long as you are still a Plus subscriber, the game will still be in your downloads list, and you can renew the license by clicking the Download button for the game.  The game won't actually download if it is already installed. The license will just be renewed.  Expired free games do not become yours.  Nothing that you receive free with Playstation Plus, except for themes and avatars, is ever yours permanently.  If your subscription ends, then you lose all free game and DLC content the next day.  If you allow your subscription to Plus to end, and then purchase a new subscription later, you may or may not get all of your content back. Your online storage content will be saved for a while, but you won't necessarily get all of the free game content back. It depends on how long your subscription lapsed for. At some point, you would be considered a new subscriber, and not entitled to any of the past free content.  

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (169 Views)
0 Likes