By: chuckcxr First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

PS All Stars Save Data WON"T Sync

8 replies 1471 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

I have a PS3 and a PS Vita.
Both are fully up to date.
Both have PS All Stars.
Both are signed in on the same account.
Both are using a working and tested internet connection.

My PS3 Save progress will NOT sync to my PS Vita at all.
I've even tried manually coping the saves on my PS3 to online storage

and still nothing.
I called in about this and spent 20 minutes on the phone with a girl

who had no idea how to address this issue and told me there was

nothing she could do to help me fix this.

Greatly appreciate any help as I hope and plan to seamlessly swap

between consoles as I go about my day wihtout having to unlock

everything TWICE

Message 1 of 9 (1,471 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17586 posts

Re: PS All Stars Save Data WON"T Sync

Nov 24, 2012

If it works the same as MLB 12 The Show, then the save data does not sync at all, and is not intended to be seamless.  With MLB 12 save data was transferred between the PS3 and Vita versions of the game by copying it to dedicated online storage (not the same as PS3 or PS Vita Playstation Plus online storage) manually via an in-game menu command.  I would assume that PSASBR, which is from the same studio system, would work similarly. 

GKP
Message 2 of 9 (1,465 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Unfortunately not.  The in game menu only controls sound and such.  There is no option for save data management.
The lady on the phone tried that.
But thanks.

Message 3 of 9 (1,461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 24, 2012

So far I found a partial work-around...or perhaps it's intented to work this odd way.
I'll post it here in case anyone else has this same problem.

It ONLY seems to coordinate data between the two now if I compete in online multiplayer.
To get it to work...
1) play some multi on my PS3...ok done...exit to main menu.
2) open game on vita...no data yet.
3) connect to multiplayer...load a character that should have new data...data loads....not always most recent, exiting to main menu and coming back seems to fix that though.
If you want to go from Vita to PS3 and pickup where you left off do the same thing....exit to main menu on vita...Start game over from main menu on PS3 and goto Multiplayer...load a char that should have new data.

I'm getting it to work with this method right now...more or less.  But it seems too stupid for them to have planned it this way.
I hope they fix this soon.

Message 4 of 9 (1,457 Views)
MVP Support
17586 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Every game that supports cross-saves seems to implement them differently.  I agree that it makes no sense to not have a standard method for implementing this feature, but as these games have been in development for a couple of years already; it is too late to do anything about that now for currently released titles.

GKP
Message 5 of 9 (1,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Not at all, they release game patches quite frequently.
That's all it would take.
Message 6 of 9 (1,443 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17586 posts

Nov 24, 2012

That's a common misconception.  Just because they have the ability to patch code, doesn't mean that the design of a game is going to change after release.  In fact, that almost never happens.  Once the game ships, the development team is disbanded.  There are very few people left to work on the software, and most of them will be working on multi-player support or developing DLC.  Only the most critical changes to the basic game will be made after release.  They aren't going to reimplement something that is working, just to make it work better.  By the time they release it, the game will have already sold the vast majority of the copies that it will ever sell; so there is no business case to do the work.

GKP
Message 7 of 9 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Also untrue. I have games that are years old that still get major patches.
Besides if kids in their basement can patch code and write fixes I'm sure their master programmers for the company are more than capable of doing so a they do on a regular basis.
By your logic nobody should buy black ops for Vita because they'll never fix the dropping/freezing issue in multiplayer that the last patch didn't fix.
Hike what your saying might be true for useless backwater reject games that nobody really cares about, te vast majority of games owned by reputable companies will be maintained.
Message 8 of 9 (1,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Also to state the obvious it's not working.
The staff doesn't know how yogic it at te Moment.
And all I posted was a work-around.
Message 9 of 9 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes