Sep 11 2012
By: jstoyle1965 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Not able to download free games from Playstation Plus

8 replies 639 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

I just purchased a 1 year subscription to the Playstation Plus, however I am not able to download to my PSP, have no problem downloading to my PS3. Playstation Plus doesn't even show as an option.  What Gives?

Message 1 of 9 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34294 posts

Re: Not able to download free games from Playstation Plus

Sep 11, 2012

jstoyle1965 wrote:

I just purchased a 1 year subscription to the Playstation Plus, however I am not able to download to my PSP, have no problem downloading to my PS3. Playstation Plus doesn't even show as an option.  What Gives?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PlayStation Plus isn't available on the PSP, having said that some games will run on it.

There is however Plus support for the PS Vita.

Message 2 of 9 (637 Views)
MVP Support
5439 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

jstoyle1965 wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PlayStation Plus isn't available on the PSP, having said that some games will run on it.

There is however Plus support for the PS Vita.

There will be support, however PS+ on the Vita is currently about the same as on PSP.  It's actually worse since not all PS1, PSP games are compatible yet.

Message 3 of 9 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34294 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Thanks JERM, not having a VITA I really must educate myself more lol, thanks for correcting my error.

Message 4 of 9 (622 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19943 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Only the PS3 Playstation Store has a Playstation Plus section.  The subscription is only fully usable on a PS3. Some of the content is usable on a PSP, and a little of it is usable on a PS Vita.  In order to add the free content to your PSN account, you must use a PS3 (not necessarily owned by you).  You can't claim free Playstation Plus content on a handheld Playstation console, or in Media Go.  Once you have claimed the content in the PS3 Playstation Store, then the content that is PSP compatible; including PS1 Classics and Minis, will be downloadable via the PSP Playstation Store, or Media Go.

GKP
Message 5 of 9 (619 Views)
Shinra Executive
34294 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Good post gk.

Message 6 of 9 (610 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 15, 2012
Thanks haven' t done the Vita jump yet
Message 7 of 9 (592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Hello people,

I just subscribed. Or 90 days Playstation Plus  membership, but I simply can't download games which are supposed to b free! Why is this happening? Any idea, help highly appreciated!

Regards all the way from Cyprus.

Message 8 of 9 (452 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5439 posts

Nov 25, 2012

MysteryKnight80 wrote:

Hello people,

I just subscribed. Or 90 days Playstation Plus  membership, but I simply can't download games which are supposed to b free! Why is this happening? Any idea, help highly appreciated!

Regards all the way from Cyprus.

Are you sure that's not the problem?  Different regions have different content, and it may not be accessible from another region.

Message 9 of 9 (446 Views)
0 Likes