Splicer
87 posts

Re: How do you cancel Playstation Plus?

Oct 11, 2010

call the SONY reps again and ask to speak to a supervisor. If you calmly explain the situation, they should be willing to help you out. I recently had an issue with PS+ and even though i first spoke with a couple of clueless customer service reps, when i asked to speak with a supervisor, i was  connected to someone who was very helpful.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Oct 11, 2010

There isn't a way to cancel it and if there is there is no refund so you should just stick with it

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 42 (2,745 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Oct 11, 2010

The website actually does list your subscription, as well as provide a way to cancel automatic renewals. On the us.playstation.com webpage sign in and go to "Account Settings" and "Account Management". Sign in again (for a direct link, use PSN Account Management Page). Once there, click on "View Services" and "PlayStation Plus" should be the first item. Click on it and you will see your subscription. Click on it and it will show you all your details, such as when it starts, expires, and next renewal date. There is also a button "Cancel Automatic Renewal", which you can use to do exactly that.

I do note that we were informed about the automatic renewals upon signing up (it was in all those text boxes we were shown). When you signed up, you also gave them permission to charge you credit card (if you have one linked) if you did not have sufficient funds in the wallet, so they didn't take it without asking.

I hope that you are able to get the refund. As noted, your best chance is to talk to a supervisor.

By the way, unless they changed something, the three month subscription is called just that (3 Month Package) not 3 Month Trial.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 42 (2,745 Views)
Fender Bender
3843 posts

Oct 11, 2010

Gudger wrote:

My 3 month trial was automatically renewed and I didn’t want it to be. I had no idea this would happen. If I logon onto my PSN account via the web it doesn’t even list anywhere that I’m subscribed or how to cancel. I only found out my searching the web that if you have your account set to ‘automatically add funds’ then Sony can come and take your money without asking you.

I stupidly thought a trial was just what it said - a trial, not an ongoing subscription. I was expecting a message at the end of 3 months asking if I wanted to purchase a year sub. Why would I want another trial? I have trialed it!

I phoned Sony and was told that they never give refunds on Playstation Network. This kind of tricking of people is disgusting and has really destroyed my trust in Sony. The account page should clearly show you are subscribed, what happens at the end of the subscription and how to cancel. Sony are bunch of underhand con-artists.

sorry, but this is your fault. when you first got ps+ and you went through the screens to agree to everything, there was 1 screen that explained the "auto-renew" option and how to turn it on & off. you agreed to it, you should have read what you were agreeing too.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 42 (2,745 Views)
VP of Gaming
27932 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

Exactly ctfw.

To the OP: Some people have got refunds & I think they did it by calling Sony directly., their contact info is at the bottom of this or any other page.

BRiT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5640 posts

Oct 11, 2010

Also, to the person who said it renewed when you didn't want it to and you didn't know, well, when you go to buy PS+ it gives you a warning that it will automatically  take funds from either your wallet or credit card unless you cancel auto renew, so they did warn you of this before hand.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Oct 11, 2010
well there are no refunds so probs be aswell sticking with it till the subscription runs out and just take in some of the benefits you may like if any
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
437 posts

Oct 13, 2010

Plus isn't THAT bad...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2086 posts

Oct 13, 2010

Gudger wrote:

My 3 month trial was automatically renewed and I didn’t want it to be. I had no idea this would happen. If I logon onto my PSN account via the web it doesn’t even list anywhere that I’m subscribed or how to cancel. I only found out my searching the web that if you have your account set to ‘automatically add funds’ then Sony can come and take your money without asking you.

I stupidly thought a trial was just what it said - a trial, not an ongoing subscription. I was expecting a message at the end of 3 months asking if I wanted to purchase a year sub. Why would I want another trial? I have trialed it!

I phoned Sony and was told that they never give refunds on Playstation Network. This kind of tricking of people is disgusting and has really destroyed my trust in Sony. The account page should clearly show you are subscribed, what happens at the end of the subscription and how to cancel. Sony are bunch of underhand con-artists.

This is actually your own fault for not reading. It was clearly stated at the beginning that PS+ would do automatic renewals. You even get a notice when you purchase PS+ that it will automatically renew unless you disable the feature. Don't blame anyone but yourself for not reading.

I saw the notice and right away went to turn off the autorenewal. Granted I have the 15th month plan so it'll be a while, but I still haven't decided if I'm going to renew or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Oct 13, 2010

Gudger wrote:

I only found out my searching the web that if you have your account set to ‘automatically add funds’ then Sony can come and take your money without asking you.

Without asking you? You do realize you completely contradicted yourself there, don't you? How is you  not reading important information before purchasing Sony's fault? I read everything related to my money. It's not Sony's fault you didn't UN-CHECK the little box. Only by searching the web? Very untrue.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 42 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes