Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2013
By: iLuv7of9 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Grid 2 free ps plus game downloads as time trial

3 replies 697 views Edited Dec 25, 2013
I have a PS+ subscription, and downloaded Grid 2 since its a free game for December. After downloading the game, I realized the game was a timed trial, and not the full game. I deleted the game, re-downloaded and made SURE I downloaded the full game version and not the timed trial. Again, the time trial downloaded. I waited three weeks, hopefully plenty enough time for the problem to be resolved on their servers. I downloaded the game a THIRD time today and it's still the timed trial. I called Sony and spoke with someone, and they were less than helpful. They said to give it more time for maintainance to fix the file on the server. It's been over 3 weeks since the game was originally offered as a free ps+ game. Any suggestions?!? The game looks awesome and I really want to play it, longer than an hour! Thanks!
Message 1 of 4 (697 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Re: Grid 2 free ps plus game downloads as time trial

Dec 25, 2013

iLuv7of9 wrote:
I have a PS+ subscription, and downloaded Grid 2 since its a free game for December. After downloading the game, I realized the game was a timed trial, and not the full game. I deleted the game, re-downloaded and made SURE I downloaded the full game version and not the timed trial. Again, the time trial downloaded. I waited three weeks, hopefully plenty enough time for the problem to be resolved on their servers. I downloaded the game a THIRD time today and it's still the timed trial. I called Sony and spoke with someone, and they were less than helpful. They said to give it more time for maintainance to fix the file on the server. It's been over 3 weeks since the game was originally offered as a free ps+ game. Any suggestions?!? The game looks awesome and I really want to play it, longer than an hour! Thanks!

they were having issues for other reasons and your rep may have been confused on your issue.  Use the time trial of grid 2, let it expire and then download the full version.   if you download the time trial on accident than you have to use the trial before you can "purchase" the game.  I dont know why its set up this way but it is, and it should work once the trial is expired.

Message 2 of 4 (665 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Hey thanks for your response. I went ahead and played the time trial, and after the hour it expired. But then I noticed the yellow ' time trial' bar disappeared and now it seems to be the full version game. Very confusing how they released the game, but at least it's working now! Thanks
Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I had this same issue with Grid 2, and also Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning.  Both games I downloaded as a timed trial first, and when they came to PS+ for free I uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times to try and get the correct full game.  I guess I must have used the Grid 2 trial up because there's no longer a yellow bar.  Sadly, I just now finished my Amular "trial" and don't have the game!  I'm new to about 6 months in to owning PS3 and PS+, so this may be a dumb question, but...any chance Sony would honor the attempted Amular purchase now?  Or do I just wait and hope it comes back up again on PS+?

Message 4 of 4 (536 Views)
0 Likes