Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2013
By: radix023 Wastelander 664 posts

EPIX when your tv provider doesn't support it

3 replies 1072 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

So the blog announcement of EPIX said that playstation plus members get one free movie every (week or month, I don't recall).

I have U-Verse which doesn't carry EPIX, so I can't get a full account. A temporary account goes away after 14 days, so how does that solve my issue.

Basically, how do I get the plus benefits when I can't seem to get an EPIX account?

Message 1 of 4 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4569 posts

Re: EPIX when your tv provider doesn't support it

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

radix023 wrote:

So the blog announcement of EPIX said that playstation plus members get one free movie every (week or month, I don't recall).

I have U-Verse which doesn't carry EPIX, so I can't get a full account. A temporary account goes away after 14 days, so how does that solve my issue.

Basically, how do I get the plus benefits when I can't seem to get an EPIX account?

The blog post says, "EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber."  I haven't figured out yet how to take advantage of that, but it doesn't sound like you'd need to make a full account.  And maybe I'm just not clear how it works, but shouldn't you just need an internet connection to use it on the PS3?  I don't see why the provider would matter.  If it does, then I'm afraid there would be no way around it.

On a somewhat unrelated note, my trial that I got when they first announced this was coming seems to still be working.  I tried playing a movie and it loaded.  I was never chaged for it and never even gave them any personal details.

Message 2 of 4 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

meaning how do you watch the free movie of the week with PS Plus?

Apr 3, 2013

Yeah it says you don't need to be an Epix subscriber so I just that thought there would be a "PS Plus free movie of the week" in the main Epix menu but there's nothing like that.

But do you still need to activate your system for it? It's not too clear on that, there's no info about that on the Epix site or here at Playstation or anywhere else when I search for it unless someone figured it out?

Message 3 of 4 (380 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4569 posts

Re: meaning how do you watch the free movie of the week with PS Plus?

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Yeah, I can't really find any info about how to use it with PS+.  I looked at the app yesterday but did not see anything about it; I will try using my "trial" account later today and see what I can figure out.

I was able to link my trial account/PS3 but it would not let me play any movies (I am still able to on PC though).  I still didn't see anything about PS+.

Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)
0 Likes