Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2013
By: TREASURER4 First Son 1 posts

Does my plus account automaticlly renew or does it just expire?

5 replies 79 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

Message 1 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31063 posts

Re: Does my plus account automaticlly renew or does it just expire?

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

It depends if you have auto-renewal activated or not, if so then yes it will auto-renew, also Plus comes set with auto-renew activatedby default so if you never turned that feature off then yes you'll be charged automatically for it.

Go to your PS3, go into account management, then services list then PlayStation Plus to check.

BRiT-KO

Message 2 of 6 (76 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Last night, my PS+ account renewed, for a 3 month subscription, which in the end costs more than the annual. I don't know why this happened since I would think a renewal would be annual, and I've always had annual. Any idea?

Message 3 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18392 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Saboteurxx wrote:

Last night, my PS+ account renewed, for a 3 month subscription, which in the end costs more than the annual. I don't know why this happened since I would think a renewal would be annual, and I've always had annual. Any idea?

You must not have always had annual. Did you redeem a 7 day or 30 day trial code at any point in time?

Message 4 of 6 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Well, yes, like many PS+ early adopters I received a couple of free 3 month trials in compensation for some of the bumps in the road that occurred when PS+ was ramping up. That didn't interfere with my annual renewal last year, I'm surprised it would this time.

It's odd that a free trial added on to a paid annual subscription would override the desire for the annual subscription to renew.

Message 5 of 6 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18392 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Saboteurxx wrote:

Well, yes, like many PS+ early adopters I received a couple of free 3 month trials in compensation for some of the bumps in the road that occurred when PS+ was ramping up. That didn't interfere with my annual renewal last year, I'm surprised it would this time.

It's odd that a free trial added on to a paid annual subscription would override the desire for the annual subscription to renew.

I agree but that's how it works. I had and annual subscription then redeemed a code and it was switched to a 3 month subscription. I purchased another 1 year subscription and it's back to annual. It's nice they stack but it's inconvient the way it switches subscription renewal.

Message 6 of 6 (44 Views)
0 Likes