Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2013
By: weymouth24 Splicer 65 posts

Does PSN Download overwrite disc?

2 replies 270 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

I currently have LBP2 Special Edition and i also have PS Plus which gives me LBP2 for free. What i'm wondering is if i download the PSN version of the game (digital version) will it affect my progress and downloaded pieces? 

Just trying to have ot avoid getting up and down to change disks if possible.

Thanks in advance whoever answers and have a great New Year folks.

Recently discovered how much fun the game is, have LBP2, LBP Karting LBP VIta and Cross play as well, so yeah a little overboard.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Does PSN Download overwrite disc?

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

No Blu-ray disc is ever written to by the PlayStation 3 system. 

What will happen in simple terms is the system will boot & load from the disc, then check the hard drive for update/DLC/additional content. Taking the disc from Ver 1.0 and adding the content on the hard drive giving you the current version you see/play. (please remember this is in very simple terms).

All of your downloads/DLC will be intergrated regardless which version of LBP2 you run.

As for your progress there has been some games that have not had saves that were compatible with the other/newer version of game "X", even though the game is basically the same (Metal Gear Solid 4 comes to mind but there are others). I do not have first hand experience with LBP2 for the record but I would bet very heavily that in this instance the saves/progress will be compatible.

The worst that will happen is you will have to delete the DL'ed LBP2 copy & run the disc version, no further ahead than you are now but no worse for wear either.

Let us know how it goes.

Get your Portable ID!

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.
Message 2 of 3 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Does PSN Download overwrite disc?

Jan 1, 2013

Worked like a charm, didn't miss a beat going from disc to digital version. Now i'm wondering if i go to the AC2 Deluxe can i add the perks to the disk version? i'll post here how it goes in case anyone else is wondering.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 3 of 3 (246 Views)
0 Likes