Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: kaminig97 First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Do I need to enter credit card details?

10 replies 15676 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

I am interested in getting PS+ but I want to know if MUST give m credit card details, if I get a PS+ 3 month subscription card, will I have to enter my credit card details to apply? If I get a $20 prepaid PSN card and sign up using that, do I need to give my credit card information?

(I don't have a credit card and I can't get one at the moment) 

Or could I by any chance link my Paypal with my account (without getting the Paypal mastercard)

Message 1 of 11 (15,676 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17708 posts

Re: Do I need to enter credit card details?

Nov 27, 2012

kaminig97 wrote:

I am interested in getting PS+ but I want to know if MUST give m credit card details, if I get a PS+ 3 month subscription card, will I have to enter my credit card details to apply? If I get a $20 prepaid PSN card and sign up using that, do I need to give my credit card information?

(I don't have a credit card and I can't get one at the moment) 

Or could I by any chance link my Paypal with my account (without getting the Paypal mastercard)

That's the way to go if you have no CC or don;t want to put it on your account.

Message 2 of 11 (15,673 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15538 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

You are only required to enter valid credit card information to get the free 30-day trial subscription to Playstation Plus.  You can buy a Plus subscription with PSN cards, or with a Playstation Plus card. No credit card is needed to pay for a Playstation Plus subscription.

PSN does not accept Paypal.

GKP
Message 3 of 11 (15,658 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 1, 2012

On the store (psvita) it says that your 'credit card will automatically be charged' so I am worried about getting ps+, but are you sure that no cc is needed? 

Message 4 of 11 (15,594 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15538 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Yes, I'm positive.  I have been a Playstation Plus subscriber since day one, and I have never had credit card information in my PSN profile.  I use Playstation Network cards for everything, including subscriptions.  If you are using the 30-day free trial of Playstation Plus, then you do need a credit card for that; but it won't be charged unless you don't cancel your subscription before the 30 days are over.  You can also remove the credit card information after the subscription starts. You also need a credit card to create a PSN sub-account now, but the card is only for identity verification, is not charged anything when you create the sub-account, and it isn't stored as part of your PSN profile unless you want it to be.

GKP
Message 5 of 11 (15,578 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Thanks!

I guess now, I can be sure and get PS+ :catvery-happy:

Message 6 of 11 (15,574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Hey can my parents buy ps plus for me

Message 7 of 11 (11,588 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17708 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Weirdmig123 wrote:

Hey can my parents buy ps plus for me

Good necrobump. Of course they can buy a Plus membership for you.

Message 8 of 11 (11,563 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15538 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Well, not really.  Your parents can buy a Playstation Plus membership with their master accounts, but it won't be yours.  You will be able to use any free games or DLC that they install on the console; but you won't be able to store your save data in online storage, download any Playstation plus content with your own PSN account, receive Plus discounts when you shop in the Playstation Store, or use Plus subscription features in Playstation Home. It will be your parent's Plus subscription.  Your account won't benefit any more than any other account on the PS3 that was not subscribed to Plus would.

GKP
Message 9 of 11 (11,468 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17708 posts

Aug 11, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Well, not really.  Your parents can buy a Playstation Plus membership with their master accounts, but it won't be yours.  You will be able to use any free games or DLC that they install on the console; but you won't be able to store your save data in online storage, download any Playstation plus content with your own PSN account, receive Plus discounts when you shop in the Playstation Store, or use Plus subscription features in Playstation Home. It will be your parent's Plus subscription.  Your account won't benefit any more than any other account on the PS3 that was not subscribed to Plus would.

I was assuming they had a master account but no Credit Card. Just like you're assuming they have a sub-account.  I guess we shouldn't assume because we all know what happens when you do.......

Message 10 of 11 (11,465 Views)
0 Likes