Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: Credit card number problem ??

Nov 16, 2013

I too have been getting this error and I've tried everything that I've could. I've tried getting some ideas from here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/quot-Please-enter-a-valid-credit-...

It doesn't make sense why SONY hasn't improved this at all? Can they really not switch their credit card autheticator? It's extremely frustrating, especially for the customers are actually trying purchase stuff on PSN. I would give my credit/debit card info if I could, but this poor system is not allowing me to because I apparently I can't figure out the perfect address on my card that's acceptable EVEN though I've been entering it perfectly for BOTH of my cards. From the thread I've posted, they suggested waiting 48 hours. I guess to Killzone SF MP this weekend :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (1,962 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 16, 2013

same problem anybody got a solution yet

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (1,913 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Well, the first thing is to contact your bank to know if the support AVS (address verification system ), if not, you are done.most canadian bank, unless they are a division of US bank does not support AVS, so technically most canadian is blow up with all free trial etc. After, if you bank use AVS, you must enter exactly your address, name etc like the bank do, capital letter, space et etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (1,821 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Yes, try the banks I have had issues with the bank blocking purchases online that are not made frequently. The error totally looks like it is on the vendor side (Sony) when really it is the automated banking security blocking the transaction.

Not to mention you will get faster support there and if it is the problem it will save you from having to spend a lot of time on hold.

Viro
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (1,769 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

CIBC Advantage Visa Debit uses AVS. called and confirmed,

Called visa canada support, they confirmed AVS is enabled

just will not accept my card, the same card i use on xbox marketplace... so i may have to go that route if im forced to pay for ps+ or XBOX Live

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (1,747 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Turns out all you need to do is copy the EXACT information on your credit card and apply it to your psn billilng information....letter for letter, word for word.....caps or not caps.   Worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (1,688 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Credit card not recognize

Nov 20, 2013

Hello there, 

I try to add ps+ 30 day trial and it ask me for my credit card information. The problem is I can t add it(ERROR :  8200002E). I come from France and Now I live in Quebec. I created an North american PSN account with my Canadian address. But my bank card information is link to my french adress. What can I do? cause I wanna play online.

And I can't add credit with paypal too, I tried but refused it too ...

Regards

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (1,685 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17259 posts

Re: Credit card not recognize

Nov 20, 2013

Firebeard1337 wrote:

Hello there, 

I try to add ps+ 30 day trial and it ask me for my credit card information. The problem is I can t add it(ERROR :  8200002E). I come from France and Now I live in Quebec. I created an North american PSN account with my Canadian address. But my bank card information is link to my french adress. What can I do? cause I wanna play online.

And I can't add credit with paypal too, I tried but refused it too ...

Regards

That's the problem. Your CC address must match the address you provided when signing up for PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (1,680 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6733 posts

Re: Credit card not recognize

Nov 20, 2013

There are some good tips on entering billing information in this article.

Good Luck!

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/243

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (1,676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 17, 2014

i have the same problem, if i had know the ps4 would have soo many errors i would have never gotten the console, xbox is a 100x better than this... i am seriously **bleep** off.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (1,107 Views)
0 Likes