Jul 07 2013
By: Hiryu-Godhand First Son 25 posts
Accepted Solution

Cloud Saves

6 replies 159 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

I am one of the several people with bricked consoles due to the 4.46 update. I tried restoring my system every way possible, but it just freezes up. As a subscribing PS+ member I do have plenty of my games saved to the cloud, but since it has been over a week without a single working fix, I am worried that if I unsubscibe I will lose those many, many hours of saves.

If I don't lose the saves in the cloud and want to get them back, will I be forced to resubscribe to PS+? I admit that I am somewhat reluctant to bring my console back online after the shenanigans we had to deal with with the last two updates...

Message 1 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33984 posts

Re: Cloud Saves

Jul 7, 2013

Hiryu-Godhand wrote:

I am one of the several people with bricked consoles due to the 4.46 update. I tried restoring my system every way possible, but it just freezes up. As a subscribing PS+ member I do have plenty of my games saved to the cloud, but since it has been over a week without a single working fix, I am worried that if I unsubscibe I will lose those many, many hours of saves.

If I don't lose the saves in the cloud and want to get them back, will I be forced to resubscribe to PS+? I admit that I am somewhat reluctant to bring my console back online after the shenanigans we had to deal with with the last two updates...

Your cloud saves will always be there for you whenever you want them, letting your subscription lapse will have no effect on their availability, you will need to re-subscribe to be able to access those saves in the future though.

Hope this helped.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 7 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Thanks. Would I be able to copy those saves and put them onto the HDD?

Message 3 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19670 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Sony will keep your save data in online storage for at least six months after your Plus subscription ends.  After six months, there is no guarantee that your save data will still be there; so you would have to subscribe to Playstation Plus at least once every six months in order to keep your save data.  If you have a current subscription, then of course you can copy the save data from online storage to your PS3 HDD.

GKP
Message 4 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Perfect, thanks. Go ahead and close the thread.

Message 5 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33984 posts

Jul 7, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Sony will keep your save data in online storage for at least six months after your Plus subscription ends.  After six months, there is no guarantee that your save data will still be there; so you would have to subscribe to Playstation Plus at least once every six months in order to keep your save data.  If you have a current subscription, then of course you can copy the save data from online storage to your PS3 HDD.

mochuuu appeared to indicate that saves would be there indefinitely gkpama, is this new-news that I'm not aware of?

@ OP - No need to close Thread, just choose one of the posts above as the correct answer.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19670 posts

Jul 8, 2013

So far Sony has not deleted any save data from the online storage of accounts with expired Playstation Plus subscriptions, but it reserves the right to do so at any time if it starts to take up too much space.  Sony only committed to save the data for six months.  That doesn't obligate Sony to delete the data after six months, and it has not opted to do so yet.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes