Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2013
By: Leary_M First Son 1 posts

Charged $18 twice for Playstation Plus

8 replies 406 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

I got a free playstation plus trial with my purchase of the k=journey collectors edition, I didn't agree to any terms of service or user agreements, I didn't give any permission for my card to be charged. I have received two $18 dollar charges for playstation plus, not only can I not find any information on how to deactivate the service, but every attempt to contact Sony has been futile. I want to cancel playstation plus and get my money refunded.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Re: Charged $18 twice for Playstation Plus

Apr 24, 2013
You must have auto-renew enabled.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Sony doesnt do refunds. When you sign up for plus it specifically says that autorenew is turned on and you have to go turn it off (it's in settings somewhere). You can try calling them, but most other people have said that they dont give refunds. Alternatively if you dont have your credit card info saved in their system they cant charge you.

Is it a non-customer friendly policy? Yes but most companies have at least one policy that I dont like.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (396 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6381 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Leary_M wrote:

I got a free playstation plus trial with my purchase of the k=journey collectors edition, I didn't agree to any terms of service or user agreements, I didn't give any permission for my card to be charged. I have received two $18 dollar charges for playstation plus, not only can I not find any information on how to deactivate the service, but every attempt to contact Sony has been futile. I want to cancel playstation plus and get my money refunded.

Its automatic  once you do it online.. I  think you have  go to  online account and  erase all your billing and set it to dont renew. Also if use and  evrytime you use a new psn  card  click the box to dont  renew in your account.. 

Me persoanlly i think sony shouldnt even have that option of auto renew.    But one thing i do i click tha tbox and  sp:smileyvery-happy:end all the money .

Btw sorry that happend to you and happy gaming in your future... * i dont  know if going to get refund it highly noted  that you wont in my opinion*

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (395 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Auto-renew policies are expected on the back of any free-trial for any product. These days everyone does this, helps them sneak in extra revenue.

Buyer beware on these so I would not expect any refund. Always look for the check boxes to opt-out
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5612 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Leary_M wrote:

Sign into your account. Go to "Account Management". Go to "Transaction Management". Go to "Services List". Find Playstation Plus on the Services List. Hit X button. Choose "Cancel Automatic Renewal" or you will be charged another $18 dollars for Playstation Plus, 3 months from now. (If you have at least $18 dollars in your wallet)

shut-it-down.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (382 Views)
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Ah yes. People who don't know how simple subscription services work. Priceless! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (359 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1211 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Hey, Moving this to PlayStation Plus Support from PlayStation General.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (339 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Leary_M wrote:

I'll just sum up the thread.

1. Legally you did agree to the terms of service and user agreement, or Sony would not have activated your free trial subscription.  You didn't read the terms of service or user agreement, obviously; or even the statement where you agreed to them, but you clicked the button saying that you agreed, and it isn't necessary to read them in order to agree to them. If you sign a contract, then you are bound by the terms, whether you read them or not.  That's the law here.  
  2. All PSN subscriptions renew automatically.  You have to explicitly cancel the auto-renewal, if you don't want it to happen. One month free trial subscriptions renew as 3-month subscriptions, and it said that when you signed up for the trial, in some other text that you did not read, but still agreed to.  You gave permission for your card to be charged at the same time. That is one of the PSN profile options, and it is automatically set on any time that you purchase a subscription.
  3. Playstation Plus cannot be deactivated, or canceled.  Canceling a PSN subscription only stops it from auto-renewing.  There are no refunds for subscriptions, so Sony won't end the subscription early.  You paid for it.  You got it.
  4. You can contact Playstation customer support at 800-345-SONY, or by using the live chat facility, during business hours (6AM-10PM PDT).  If your attempts to contact Sony were futile, then it was because you attempted methods that won't work, and did not attempt the only two methods that will work. 
GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (334 Views)