Dec 04 2012
By: boxer_lady Wastelander 611 posts
Accepted Solution

Can I pay my yearly fee early....

3 replies 357 views Edited Dec 4, 2012
I am a PS Plus member on a yearly script. My script ends Dec 16th but I'd like to buy it (Dec 5th) now. I'm wondering, if I do this, will my coverage date re-configure or will it stay Dec 16th.

And if I let my script end, but then renew a few days later, do I get to keep all the free games I've downloaded? Or are they all removed fromm download list?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Can I pay my yearly fee early....

Dec 4, 2012

Subscriptions stack. If you buy on the 5th and you're set to expire on the 16th your new expiration date would still be the 16th. You'd be paying in advance but you'd still get a year.

If you let it end then renew you'll have access to all the games you downloaded again. You may need to renew the licenses by starting to redownload then canceling but they'll still be in your download list.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13195 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Actually you would have to renew licenses for previously download games after the end of your current subscription in either case.  There is a grace period after your subscription ends during which you can purchase a new subscription and still keep all of the content that you previously received from your Plus subscription.  It isn't clear how long it is, but it seems to be at least a couple of weeks.  Your Playstation Plus online storage content is maintained for at least several months after your subscription ends, and you can retrieve it later by buying another subscription.  You can renew your subscription before it expires, and the new subscription will start when the previous one ends; just as if you renewed automatically at the end of your current subscription.  The exception is if you purchase a subscription during a 30-day free trial.  In that case, the new subscription starts immediately; instead of at the end of the trial. If you are using a 30 day free trial, then you can just let the subscription auto-renew when it expires if you don't want to lose any free days.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Dec 4, 2012
@nefatal, gmpama00. Thank you for the info.! Great job
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)
0 Likes