Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: ilike2game Treasure Hunter 6720 posts

Bioshock 2 not free?

9 replies 462 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I'm trying to download Bioshock 2, which should be free since I'm PS+ (i have the little + next to my name and everything) but whenever I try to checkout, it still asks me to add funds, what's up with that?

Message 1 of 10 (462 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Bioshock 2 not free?

Dec 5, 2012
The same thing happened to me. I thought it was ok anyway and tried it and it actually charged me the 19.99. Now I have to call them...ugh.
Message 2 of 10 (451 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Dec 5, 2012

It seems to be working now, at least for me.

GKP
Message 3 of 10 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2012

BE CAREFUL! I MISTAKENLY HAD MY CREDIT CARD AUTOMATICALLY LINKED TO MY FUNDS.... and even though i am a playstation plus member... I GOT CHARGED 20 BUCKS FOR IT!

called in and they said "ALL SALES ARE FINAL!"

so even though it is advertised as free for playstation plus users... THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!

Message 4 of 10 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
560 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I had the same problem last night with it wanting to charge me and i have been plus member since it started and still am.        Now today i sign on to try to download it and it says its free   but when i go to confirm the terms for downloading and playing plus games and it says   An error has occured and won't let me download it.         I can expect things like this to occur on new systems and to the free psn users    but for a system that just turned 6 years old and that i pay for the premium service which is plus  is just unacceptable.   Sony really needs to get things together.   The amount of people they laying off and stock taking big hits should be an indicator to this company that not all is well.

Message 5 of 10 (409 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Dec 5, 2012

Hi all, 

Question on this: are you clicking on the ads in the Store and then seeing the price being charged at the end? Or are you searching for it in the Store? Just trying to get some information as I work with the Store to address this. 

For those that were affected and accidentally charged for this, we'll make sure that you're taken care of with refunds. I'll have more later. 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 6 of 10 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
560 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I was just able to download the game free.   I was clicking on the adds and it said free for plus but when i went to check out it said 19.99 in my cart.  After i was finally able to check out i kept getting an error message mentioned above.   Hope this helps you work out the issues.    I was just able to finally download it though so its worked out for me.   Thanks for your time addressing the issue.

Message 7 of 10 (404 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Dec 5, 2012

TX11 wrote:

I was just able to download the game free.   I was clicking on the adds and it said free for plus but when i went to check out it said 19.99 in my cart.  After i was finally able to check out i kept getting an error message mentioned above.   Hope this helps you work out the issues.    I was just able to finally download it though so its worked out for me.   Thanks for your time addressing the issue.

Thanks for this; it's helpful to the teams. 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 8 of 10 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I was checking the playstation plus "free games" section of the store when I tried to download bioshock 2 and then it charged me.

Message 9 of 10 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 7, 2012

You guys should have a PS3 or two laying around in your office/call center to test issues just like this.......At least that would be good practice.

Microsoft's Console is looking more enticing with the holidays coming up.

Message 10 of 10 (369 Views)
0 Likes