Aug 13 2013
By: slo114 First Son 5 posts

Battlefield 3 ps plus expired

10 replies 1390 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

So today i finally downloaded bf3 and its patch, I had the game in my download list since the end of july but decided i would try it out.

After restarting the console the game says it is expired. What the hell?

Here are some pictures:

2013-08-13 21.11.59.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (1,390 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: Battlefield 3 ps plus expired

Aug 13, 2013

Did your PS+ account expire? Something is only good until tomorrow anyway as it shows on your pic.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 2 of 11 (1,381 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19943 posts

Aug 14, 2013

All free game content that you download with your Playstation Plus subscription expires at the end of the Playstation Plus subscription that you had at the time.  Renewing your Playstation Plus subscription does not change the expiration date of content that was already downloaded.  If the content is actually installed, and you are signed-in to PSN with an account that has a Plus subscription, then the license will be renewed automatically.  If the content is not installed, then you will have to click the Download button for the content in your PSN Downloads List, or the Playstation Store app, to renew the license until the end of your current Plus subscription.  If you are not currently subscribed to Plus, then you can't run the game anymore.

GKP
Message 3 of 11 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Then explain how it says starts: 20/12/2012 and ends 13/8/2013. And yes, i bought 3 months of ps plus because i downloaded nfs most wanted, and i know that you can't access your games afterwards.

Message 4 of 11 (1,359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1617 posts

Aug 14, 2013

did you maybe have plus back in Dec 2012 aswell? thats the only explanation I can see for that start date

if you do still have an active plus suscription did you re-download to see if that fixes the new expire date?

Message 5 of 11 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Well i can't redownload since its gone on ps plus. Also redownloading 15 gb for me is quite anoying since it will take more then one day -.-

Message 6 of 11 (1,350 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9458 posts

Aug 14, 2013

The little icon next to the title of the game indicates to me that it is the full game trial that is expired.

As such, if you did not at least start the download (or visit the store to 'purchase') while the game was offered through PS+, then sorry to say, but you missed out.

I had the BF3 full game trial downloaded for several months without having started it up.  Finally, when it was offered for free through PS+, I started it up, played for the full hour trial until the trial expired (and was basically forced to exit the game).  I started the game back up, was almost immediately redirected to the game's store page where I had the opportunity to 'purchase' the game for $0.00.  Once that was done and I exited the store, the game restarted, took a few seconds extra (I assume while it checked the user license), and fired up without a problem.

The full game trial icon is now gone, and the license expires at the end of my current PS+ subscription in December.

Message 7 of 11 (1,342 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Aug 15, 2013

i started the download before 31st of july, i kept the game under my downloads since my ps plus expired in july. So the game was there for about 3 weeks after ps plus expired and after i renewed the subsrciption i downloaded it and installed the game and patch. After running it for about 5 min i had to quit to XMB and restart. After that the game said it is expired. The support made this worse, they said i need to redownload using the download list. So i deleted the game, wen't into the download list, and the game isn't even there, not even battlefield 3 trial.

Message 8 of 11 (1,303 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9458 posts

Aug 15, 2013

slo114 wrote:

i started the download before 31st of july, i kept the game under my downloads since my ps plus expired in july. So the game was there for about 3 weeks after ps plus expired and after i renewed the subsrciption i downloaded it and installed the game and patch. After running it for about 5 min i had to quit to XMB and restart. After that the game said it is expired. The support made this worse, they said i need to redownload using the download list. So i deleted the game, wen't into the download list, and the game isn't even there, not even battlefield 3 trial.

As I've stated, since you didn't claim your PS+ license while BF3 was offered, you lost out.  Downloading the FGT does not automatically grant you a PS+ license for a game if/when it becomes a free PS+ freebie.  There is no way for you to play BF3 at this point aside from paying for it. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,289 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 16, 2013

jesus christ.

I put the game in my download while i had the ps plus. I wouldn't be able to download it anyway. And i already have loads of games in my download list which are not availble, currently on ps plus (like bioshock 2 and mass effect 3).

Message 10 of 11 (1,269 Views)
0 Likes