Highlighted
Jan 08 2013
By: flyjon27 First Son 1 posts

30 days free playstation plus membership help!

7 replies 312 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Hi guys I need help with the 30 days free as plus membership I try to activate but it ask me to put a credit card, do I have to put it?Smiley Indifferent 

Message 1 of 8 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34906 posts

Re: 30 days free playstation plus membership help!

Jan 8, 2013

flyjon27 wrote:

Hi guys I need help with the 30 days free as plus membership I try to activate but it ask me to put a credit card, do I have to put it?Smiley Indifferent 

Yes you do, you can however remove ithe credit card details immediately after you have activated the code.

Message 2 of 8 (302 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
1373 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Hey, I am moving this to PlayStation®Plus Support.
Message 3 of 8 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Hi, Im from Colombia and we dont have PS Store here so we have to open an account in other countries to enjoy PS Store. I have a 1 month PS Plus trial code I want to use but when I'm trying to redeem it it ask me for my credit card information, thats ok, but when I enter my cc information, it says invalid information (42) and sometimes (43). The first attempts I use the address of my aunt who lives in USA and it was with that address that I register my PS network account, then I try with my real address in Colombia and the error messages still the same. The most strange thing is that I receive a call from the bank asking me if I was buying something in play station, because they charge me 1 us Dolar by either one of the attempts I try to get my PS Plus membership.

I hope you understand and help me solve this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8 (278 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5472 posts

Jan 8, 2013

rastac86 wrote:

Hi, Im from Colombia and we dont have PS Store here so we have to open an account in other countries to enjoy PS Store. I have a 1 month PS Plus trial code I want to use but when I'm trying to redeem it it ask me for my credit card information, thats ok, but when I enter my cc information, it says invalid information (42) and sometimes (43). The first attempts I use the address of my aunt who lives in USA and it was with that address that I register my PS network account, then I try with my real address in Colombia and the error messages still the same. The most strange thing is that I receive a call from the bank asking me if I was buying something in play station, because they charge me 1 us Dolar by either one of the attempts I try to get my PS Plus membership.

I hope you understand and help me solve this.

Thanks

The address has to be associated with the credit card; do you have a credit card from the US, using your aunt's address?

The $1 charges will be refunded; it's just Son'y way of testing it.

Message 5 of 8 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 9, 2013

JERM7 wrote:
The address has to be associated with the credit card; do you have a credit card from the US, using your aunt's address?

Thanks for the answer, no I dont have a credit card from the US, I ask because a friend of mine create his account in Mexico and he is plus right now. If I create another account for example in Mexico, become plus and start downloading games, do I have to play them only in the Mexican account or I can play them in other account i have in my system?

Message 6 of 8 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5472 posts

Jan 9, 2013

rastac86 wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Thanks for the answer, no I dont have a credit card from the US, I ask because a friend of mine create his account in Mexico and he is plus right now. If I create another account for example in Mexico, become plus and start downloading games, do I have to play them only in the Mexican account or I can play them in other account i have in my system?

You can play them on any account as long as the Mexican (or whatever country with PS+) account is on the PS3 also.  Some content won't work - avatars, full game trials are the only ones I know of.

Message 7 of 8 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013

JERM7, thanks for your answers I guess i better buy a 50 dollars PS Network Card from best buy!

Message 8 of 8 (223 Views)
0 Likes